help on plugin migrate from warden to iocage.

Lang Chen

Dabbler
recently upgrade from 10 to freenas 11.2 and want to migrate from warden to iocage.
run the code to migrate nextcloud to new iocage jail.
migrate_warden.py -v -j nextcloud_1 -p M
the jail migrate successfully. However I did not see the plugin running in the jail.

Do I miss something here? Please instruct me how to get plugin runing or install.

Thank you for your help.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Plugins don't run in jails.

Does the new iocage jail start? Is nextcloud running in the jail? What's the new IP?

Lang Chen

Dabbler
Thank you for your help.

the iocage jail start without issue. However the nextcloud did not run in the new iocage jail. I try service start nextcloud. The plugin did not seem to be installed or migrated. Only the jail and the mounted point were migrated. The IP is the same as the old nextcloud in warden jail 192.168.0.9.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
And what error did you get when you tried to start next cloud? Did you look in the logs for the service you tried to start. And again there is no plugin installed in the jail. You have next cloud the application installed in your jail.

Lang Chen

Dabbler
I am not able to access my server now. and will try to answer when I can. However my question is migrate_warden.py migrate the jail not plugin?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
No clue if it migrates the old plugin stuff. All of that stuff is deprecated and doesn't do anything anymore. So I don't see why it would bother migrating the plugin config.

Lang Chen

Dabbler
ok. The reason I want to migrate is I do not have to re-sync everything with each clients and rebuild other media server such as plex as well. maybe I just need to reinstall everything.

Thanks

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
ok. The reason I want to migrate is I do not have to re-sync everything with each clients and rebuild other media server such as plex as well. maybe I just need to reinstall very thing.

Thanks
This is exactly what the migration script does.

Lang Chen

Dabbler
here is the error I got

service nextcloud start

nextcloud does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d)

Both the rc.d file are empty

here is the jail. It is not the pluginv2 as others when I directly install plugin in new iocage jail

Screen Shot 2019-01-09.png

Last edited: