jails, plugin, iocage, 11.2 >>> problem.

Lazulitone

Dabbler
I am trying to migrate a Plex warden jail to a new iocage based PlexPass server. I can't get jails to work in FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE. I am seeing dozens of FreeNAS users with similar issues over the past 3 weeks. I've noticed many of these issues began after the upgrade to FreeNAS-11.2. Can we get some attention from some of our FreeNAS super users out there? I have looked at permissions, networking (DHCP vs VNET), upgrade trains, plugin vs cli installations, dataset configurations, etc and I'm feeling underwater. Currently I cannot run cli operations from any jail without getting stuck. It seems like the FreeNAS core is broken.

When I try to install the PlexPass plugin I get the following error:
1553109777044.png

Currently, I believe there is something wrong with my iocage. Is there a way to reset iocage and not have to completely start over with freeNAS from scratch? I have no working iocage plugins and I am seeking a fresh start. I attempted to update iocage. It downloaded a newer version 11.2 which doesn't seem to work.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you change the permissions of your jails dataset?

Lazulitone

Dabbler
Did you change the permissions of your jails dataset?

It definitely feels like a permissions issue. This is the first time I've tried to run anything in 11.2 using iocage. I fear the permissions were not originally setup properly. I did not try to change permissions on anything. I managed to get a server unpackaged using iocage exec from root.

Trying to start the server produces this:

Code:
root@NomNomNas:~ # iocage exec PlexPassServer service plexmediaserver_plexpass start
plexmediaserver_plexpass does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d), or is not executable

The rc.d file looks empty even though I ran this:

Code:
root@NomNomNas:~ # iocage exec PlexPassServer sysrc "plexmediaserver_plexpass_enable=YES"
plexmediaserver_plexpass_enable: YES -> YES

Write permissions not correct?
Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Lazulitone

Dabbler
Making progress on this. When I upgraded my Freenas core to 11.2 I believe I had a corrupted version of iocage. After struggling with this for 3 weeks I decided to take the plunge and delete the iocage dataset and start over. I attempted to do this from the gui and it gave me trouble... "Unable to delete dataset". I was persistant. After rebooting my box 3 times I was able to delete what was left of the iocage dataset using the gui.

It was easy to rebuild the dataset from the CLI. I used the gui to config a new dataset and continued to install plex from the CLI. The process seems to have worked. Based on this experience I can say that my original iocage dataset was corrupted in some way.