10G Intel X550-T2 NIC issue - 11.1-U5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporkfilms

Cadet
Hello All,
Please forgive my noob post and thanks in advance for your help.
I'm having an issue trying to add an Intel X550-T2 NIC to my existing Freenas machine (11.1-U5). After installing the Intel X550-T2 NIC, I am unable to access the Web UI and only have command line control through IPMI. I do see the X550-T2 card list in BIOS and I have the option to configure in new NIC ports through the Freenas command line prompt.

I have a server with the following hardware specs:

MB: SuperMicro A2SDi-H-TP4F
RAM: 128GB Hynix DDR4-2400 ECC REG DIMM
NIC (4x10G) Integrated Intel C3000 Soc (2x) RJ45 10GBase-T ports (2x) SFP+ ports
HDD Pool: 10X WD Red Pro 6TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache

Any insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks.

D

dlavigne

Are you able to connect after configuring from FreeNAS console menu? If so, are you configuring a dynamic or static address?

sporkfilms

Cadet
Thanks for the reply dlavigne. I haven't tried connecting after configuring via console menu. When I do, I will likely just set it as dynamic unless you think static a better option? Unfortunately, server is in a working environment and I will have to wait until not being used before trying again.

D

dlavigne

Setting it to dynamic should just "do the right thing" configuration-wise (assuming there isn't an issue with the interface itself).

sporkfilms

Cadet
That is what I will try. If you, or anyone else, has any other suggestions to try when I get a crack at this server I'd appreciate it.

melloa

Wizard
Last time I added a NIC to FN, I had the original NIC still up and configured the 2nd one via GUI. Another way would be reseting the network and adding the NIC via console.

Before doing anything, please make sure FN sees your NIC. Look at dmesg for it and/or go to the console and see if you can add another interface - just for testing.

sporkfilms

Cadet
Hi All,
I was able to get some time with the server and can confirm that FN does see the new card/ports as list in dmesg. I tried setting both ports to dynamic but it only allows for one to be set that way. The other must be static. Set up as dynamic or static, I was able to connect to both ports. However, the original issue still exists. I can't reach the web UI once I install the new Intel X550-T2 card. Thoughts? Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.