Add up to 8 storage drives for maximum capacity.
Space for 8 drives means a variety of things beyond support for 48TB of storage. The 8-bay hot-swap chassis can support just about any combination of drives and provides for long-term scalability as your needs grow. Multiple RAID options mean you can store your data in a way that works best for you while providing the redundancy for your data you expect.
The FreeNAS Mini XL offers enterprise-class hardware to home and small office users.
The FreeNAS Mini XL uses enterprise-class hardware specifically selected to maximize performance with FreeNAS. No other system in its class can match the power offered by the Mini XL. Plug it in and boot it up, it just works.
- Powerful eight-Core 2.4GHz CPU, drawing only 17 watts
- Chassis configurations include 4 or 8 bay enclosure and with super quiet design
- Uses ZFS to protect against data corruption
- Automatic and manual snapshots to save and recover the file system from any point-in-time
- Includes ZFS compression to save space and improve disk performance
- Add media streaming, alternative protocols, web applications and more
- Hardware-accelerated ZFS disk encryption
- Up to 32GB of ECC memory for max performance and data protection
- Hot-swap functionality with tool-less, front loading drive bays
- Dual gigabit LAN performance
- Upgrade to dual-port 10 gigabit ethernet – SFP+, or Twinax supported
- Dedicated remote hardware management port (IPMI) or option to share through on-board LAN
- Pre-installed with FreeNAS on dedicated, internal flash device
- Accelerate performance using optional read and/or write flash cache
- Case – 4-bay (Mini), 8-bay (Mini XL) enclosure w/locking front bezel
- Maximum Storage Capacity – Up to 24TB depending on RAID layout (Mini) Up to 48TB depending on RAID layout (Mini XL)
- Memory – 16GB DDR3 ECC (upgradable to 32GB) 32GB DDR3 ECC
- RAID Level – RAID-Z1 (RAID-5), RAID-Z2 (RAID-6), ZFS Mirror (RAID-10), ZFS Stripe
- RAID Engine – ZFS
- Network – 2 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port (10 Gigabit Ethernet optional) Dedicated RJ-45 IPMI Port (Remote Hardware Management)
- Hard Drive Trays – 4 x SATA 3.5” Hot-Swappable Drive Bays (Mini) 8 x SATA 3.5” Hot-Swappable Drive Bays (Mini XL) 2 x SATA 2.5″ Internal Drive Bays (high performance cache drives available)
- Power Supply – 100V to 240V AC
- Power Frequency – 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
- Power Consumption – Without Drives: 24W idle 4 x WD Red NAS Drives: 37W idle; 47W @ max load (Mini) 8 x WD Red NAS Drives: 60W idle; 80W @ max load (Mini XL)
- User Control Interface – Web Browser and Remote Hardware Management
- Dimension (in.) – 8.40″ W x 11.0 ” D x 9.45″ H (213 x 280 x 240mm) – Mini 8.40″ W x 11.0 ” D x 15.10″ H (213 x 280 x 383mm) – Mini XL
- Weight (lb) – 10.8lb (without drives) – Mini 23.15lb (without drives) – Mini XL
- Certifications – CE, FCC, UL, RoHS
- Burn-In – Standard iXsystems Server Burn-In
- Limited Warranty – 1 Year Hardware
- Package Contents – FreeNAS Mini (1) Power Cord (1) Quick Start Guide (1) Case Door Key (2) Removable Disk Tray (4) – Mini Removable Disk Tray (8) – Mini XL
Enjoy a robust and growing list of plugins for every use.
Expand the ways you use can your FreeNAS system by installing plugins. Turn your system into the ultimate entertainment device with the Plex plugin, create a personal cloud with Owncloud, or host your Minecraft server—the possibilities are limitless.
Transmission is an open source BitTorrent client designed to be easy and powerful to use. Default settings are set to just work and configuring advanced settings only takes a couple of clicks. Based on benchmark testing, Transmission uses less CPU resources than any other client. If you are looking for a torrenting program to share files with a group of peers, Transmission is perfect for you.
Organize your video, music, and photo collections and stream them to all of your screens from one simple interface. Plex also allows you to create customized accounts for your friends and family and manage the media they can access. Have multiple TVs in your house? No problem, Plex also works on many platforms including Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Xbox, and PlayStation.
OwnCloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share server that allows you to access your files, calendars, contacts, and mail from any device via a web interface. OwnCloud keeps your files private no matter where you store them and there’s no limit on the amount of storage space or number of clients that can connect—it’s all up to you.
Writable snapshots, or clones, are just as simple to create and make it convenient to recover data and files. Just like regular snapshots, clones are space-efficient and only modified files take up space.
Build your own