Yet another thread about issues installing Filebot for Plex folder/filename re-formatting

medicineman25

Dabbler
Having issues installing Filebot so that I can automatically (or just even at all) restructure files and folders to align with Plex's arbitrarily specific requirements.

I have TrueNAS Core with Plex and Transmission in separate jails. Transmission writes, Plex reads.

Here are the routes I've tried and the issues that seem unavoidable:

1. Installing Filebot in the Transmission jail:

- these instructions fail, when calling jexec I get "transmission jail cannot be found". Then, when running it from the TrueNAS root cli, it finds the jail and then says "cannot execute: read-only filesystem" when symlinking

2. Installing Filebot in the Transmission jail via Docker:

- Tried installing docker, that installs. When running
Code:
docker pull rednoah/filebot
I get the following error: "Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"

- Tried to add to "docker_enable="YES" to rc.conf and running the service again but no luck. Says that "docker does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup directories...."

Any suggestions on a solution here? Why is this functionality not more tightly integrated? I can't be the only person using TrueNAS like this?

medicineman25

Dabbler
Managed to fix. No idea why but creating a fresh jail and installing Filebot as per these instructions worked. Only change is that openjdk8 is available without compilation. Filebot now works.

I still find it insane that Plex has this requirement and that this is the fix, but there we have it... a working f%#karound...

ThreeDee

Guru
hmm .. I've been doing things manually with the free Media Center Master .. I'll have to check out filebot

medicineman25

Dabbler
I'm actually gonna look into Radarr now, I posted a similar issue on the Plex forums with a general question about how to approach something like this... someone suggested Radarr and tbh it looks amazing