XBOX one NAS storage support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexhore

Explorer

joeschmuck

Old Man
LOL, I had to remember that this was an OT thread. (Yes, I laughed at myself)

But specifically with respect to FreeNAS being used to share a USB drive regardless of XBox, I don't see that happening since it was phased out. However I understand your point of just trying to get some votes at your linked thread to support changing XBox to support saving your game data on an external device over the network.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Not going to happen.

The Xbox One API relies on local storage being "fast". Games can do stuff with local hard drives and would require separate "save data goes here" and "game data goes here" paths for this to work.

alexhore

Explorer
LOL, I had to remember that this was an OT thread. (Yes, I laughed at myself)

But specifically with respect to FreeNAS being used to share a USB drive regardless of XBox, I don't see that happening since it was phased out. However I understand your point of just trying to get some votes at your linked thread to support changing XBox to support saving your game data on an external device over the network.

Thanks, I probably threw you starting "USB".

Mounting and using a share would be great.

They could quite easily assess the speed of the network as they assessed the speed of a USB device when formatting it on the 360 so that's not really an issue especially when some of us can max out our lan.
Fingers crossed they would consider updating their API, save paths and other limitation however unlikely this may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.