X9DRi-F Mounting holes

DWomack

Cadet
Thank you Eric for taking a look! I will take your feedback to heart and will release an updated version with Mounting hole position dimensions relative to each other. If you see any other improvements that can be done, please let me know. I am not a Mechanical Engineer so any critique is valuable feedback to me on improving my work :smile:
Please post the .dxf if possible. I want to print a full size template.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Redcoat

MVP
Please post the .dxf if possible. I want to print a full size template.
Why do you need a .dxf? The posted .pdf is at 1:1 ...

DWomack

Cadet
My printer is 8.5x11 so I have to segment the drawing and tape the pieces together.

I am a retired electrical engineer. The company I was working for designed and built control panels for their own internal use. Some of them were huge. It came to be standard practice to do a punch print. They would tape the print to the backpanel or door and use a center punch to mark all the holes that were needed. After that was done all the holes would be drilled. It took a process that was tedious and time consuming and made it a no-brainer. Now they laser cut or water jet cut all the holes directly from cad files. All of this was to make cookies or snack cakes.

I have the X9DRi-LN4+ 2ea E5-2630v2 64 gig of ECC ram with another 64 gig of ECC to install. It is currently running in the flat in the top of a cardboard box.

I got this board to build a server to backup a Drobo Gen2, a DroboFS, and a Drobo5N2. Drobo is no more and I needed to backup 25 TB of files. The new server has 45TB.

For an enclosure, I bought a Fractal-Design Define 7 XL. It say it supports EE-ATX. The motherboard is a monster and the case is a monster. The case cost more than the motherboard with CPUs and ram.

Now to see if the holes match up. Measure twice, and cut once.

Robin, I appreciate your work.

Dennis

DWomack

Cadet
FYI I found out that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free) will print the PDF as poster or tiled. Works. Taped together ready to check the predrilled holes.

Apollo

Wizard
Once the template is printed, make sure your prints reflect the same measurement.
I have found Laser and/or inkjet printers to not have a 1:1 ratio.
By that, I mean, printing a square would in fact appear as a rectangle.

DWomack

Cadet
That's the first thing I did before taping the pieces together. Seems to be accurate. There does seem to be a problem with borderless printing. I had to use the normal which gives about an 1/8 inch boarder around the page. I trimmed that off and taped the pieces together.

Looks like all the holes have been predrilled and tapped in the Define 7 XL.

Last edited: