x10sl7-f bios update gone wrong please help

Christopher Ward

Contributor
one day before going on holiday and I tried updating my bios via the usb and it looked like it was going to work then it restarted and it broke its self but it would still boot. I then tried to press the home + ctrl method to reset with a usb key inserted to reset the bios and that seemed to work and said press any key to restart, I pressed any key and now i'm not getting a signal on a monitor or the IMPI view.

I’ve tried taking the Battery out, moving jumpers back and worth, unplugging ram, uplugging drives everything. I cant seem to update the bios via the IPMI as I need a OOB key / node product key and I tried to purchase this on the supermicro store but after putting in fake usa details my payment card fails as i'm not in the usa. I cant get my system to boot anymore please help me ASAP. All the lights on the motherboard seem to all light up there is just no signal on the monitor to see what is happening

I can get into the IMPI but when I click the viewer I get a no signal / same as on the monitor

I have updated to the latest ipmi firmware

Firmware Revision : 03.72

The motherboard mentions using jumpers for clearing the CMOS but there is no pins for it on this motherboard? see picture its 2 little dots where it should be so not sure how to clear the CMOS

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 226

Christopher Ward

Contributor
managed to find an article on how to get an OOB key for free so i have saved £30 and that allowed to upgrade the bios without any trouble. Everything now works and is back to normal other than all my settings have reset but that is an easy fix.