X10DRH-IT - Console Redirection Java issue

Dave Hob

Contributor
Hi

I am experiencing this issue to use the Console Redirection on this motherboard.

Some specs for the context:
Motherboard: X10DRH-IT
Java version installed 1.8
OSX Firewall: inactive

Link to the error (posted a screen recording on youtube)

Also attaching some screen shots for Java settings:

Thank you in advance

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 12.50.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 12.50.39 AM.png

artlessknave

Wizard
oracle has been breaking java more and more with each and every version, like everything else they acquire, they are running it into the ground.
I would try and get openwebstart instead of oracle java. that's what I use, it works correctly for x9 and some of the newer x8 supermicro boards.
alternatively, an x10 board should have the html5 console available, no java needed, although virtual media is probably not available.

Dave Hob

Contributor
oracle has been breaking java more and more with each and every version, like everything else they acquire, they are running it into the ground.
I would try and get openwebstart instead of oracle java. that's what I use, it works correctly for x9 and some of the newer x8 supermicro boards.
alternatively, an x10 board should have the html5 console available, no java needed, although virtual media is probably not available.

I installed openwebstart but still not working. It's loading up but the window is not starting. Html5 console works, but was looking for the virtual media function (very manageable - just frustrating). I installed both versions of openwebstart (x64 and arch)

artlessknave

Wizard
I can see your problem...you are running a MAC!
joking aside, I have no further ideas, as I have no macs.
if you can get IPMIview running, it tends to play better, having the java built in. not sure if there is a MAC version, or an M1 version though.
there should be a virtual media function available via the web page, but I, personally, have never gotten it to work.

Dave Hob

Contributor
I can see your problem...you are running a MAC!
joking aside, I have no further ideas, as I have no macs.
if you can get IPMIview running, it tends to play better, having the java built in. not sure if there is a MAC version, or an M1 version though.
there should be a virtual media function available via the web page, but I, personally, have never gotten it to work.
same here, I tried to make the virtual media work but for what ever reason couldn't make it work. If anyone had any luck with that maybe they can share some feedback. Thank you so far!

danb35

Hall of Famer
I've had no end of trouble with the Java-based IPMI virtual consoles, as I discuss a bit here:

My solution (which seems to be working pretty well so far) is to install Virtualbox, and in there set up a Windows 7 VM with a few-year-old version of Oracle Java. With that, I've been able to access the virtual consoles of my Dell and Supermicro systems.

Dave Hob

Contributor
I've had no end of trouble with the Java-based IPMI virtual consoles, as I discuss a bit here:

My solution (which seems to be working pretty well so far) is to install Virtualbox, and in there set up a Windows 7 VM with a few-year-old version of Oracle Java. With that, I've been able to access the virtual consoles of my Dell and Supermicro systems.
This docker image proved to be very helpful.

Thank you for directing me in this direciton

https://github.com/solarkennedy/ipmi-kvm-docker

ipmi-kvm-docker

Last edited:

ChrisRJ

Wizard