[WIP] MusicBrainz mirror on FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

9C1 Newbee

Patron
Get it set up and we can use yours ;)

joelmusicman

Patron
There were a few dependencies that I was able to figure out from the logs were missing and I installed those, but I'm still getting errors in the "cpanm ." step. Not at home right now so I don't have any more info at this time...

As far as PBIs, I've never done that before but I just looked at the guide here. Looks like I'd need to install PC-BSD (not a huge deal to do in a VM...) first.

joelmusicman

Patron
Ok, so after beating my head against the wall by trying to make this and it repeatedly failing (This is attempt #20 or so, what can I say, I'm hardheaded...), I'm building an updated install guide as I go. I'm using FreeNAS version 9.3.1.3 (latest as of this writing).

So to start off, I'll be using "pkg install" so there is no need to download the port tree or compile all the dependencies, so this speeds up the process quite a bit.

I also recommend using an SSH session to your FreeNAS IP vice the FreeNAS shell because nano shortcuts don't work otherwise. Also, once you start your SSH session, run "tmux" to get a persistent session. This is a great timesaver if your laptop goes to sleep or your wifi session gets dropped; you can simply run "tmux attach" and pick up right where you left off.

Code:
# Install dependencies
pkg install -y nano postgresql93-server postgresql93-contrib memcached

# Enable postgres and memcached
nano /etc/rc.conf
# Append to end of file
postgresql_enable="YES"
memcached_enable="YES"
# CTL-O, CTL-X to save and quit nano

# Exit jail and get to root@FreeNAS
exit

nano /etc/sysctl.conf
# Append to end of file
security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1

#go to WebUI
system-->sysctls-->add Sysctl

#add (taken from original guide, not sure what these do so I'm using the same values)
Variable = kern.ipc.shmall value = 32768
Variable = kern.ipc.shmmax value = 134217728
Variable = kern.ipc.semmap value = 256

Code:
jls      #look for jail id of Musicbrainz Server

jail -m jid=<insert jailID here> allow.sysvipc=1
jexec <insert jailID here> tcsh
# You're now back in root@jail
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql initdb

su pgsql
$ /usr/local/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg.log start
$ createuser -P pg_test
# Enter password
$ /usr/local/bin/createdb db_test -O pg_test --encoding=UNICODE
$ createuser -P -s postgres
# Enter password
exit
# console should now be back at root@jail

# more dependencies
pkg install -y git phantomjs devel/icu

# start memcached
/usr/local/bin/memcached -d -u nobody

# download MusicBrainz server from git into a directory
# of your choosing, I'm using /home
mkdir /home
cd /home
rehash

git clone --recursive git://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-server.git

# ***Begin configuration***

cd /home/musicbrainz-server/
cp lib/DBDefs.pm.sample lib/DBDefs.pm

nano lib/DBDefs.pm

# change MB_SERVER_ROOT to your desired location (/home/musicbrainz-server for me)
# add password, host and port to READWRITE, READONLY and SYSTEM
# in my case (local server) server and port are 127.0.0.1 and 5432
# change WEB_SERVER to "127.0.0.1:5000" (we will only be running a local mirror)
# change REPLICATION_TYPE to RT_SLAVE
# change DB_STAGING_SERVER to 0

# Install CPAN modules, I used a different order than the original guide.
# I also had to deviate from instructions on the first one and use the instructions on the GIT install page

cpan App::cpanminus      #answered "yes" and "yes" when prompted
cpanm --uninst-shadows ExtUtils::MakeMaker
cpanm Carton
cpanm --installdeps --notest .

pkg install -y libxml2
# reported already installed for me, not sure if I did it already or
# if it was installed during the "cpanm ." step.

cat Makefile.PL | grep ^requires >cpanfile

carton install      # This step takes awhile...

# More CPAN modules...

cpanm Hash::Merge    #already installed for me

cpanm JSON::Syck

cpanm Net::CoverArtArchive::CoverArt

#still in your ./musicbrainz-server directory...

pkg install -y gmake
cd postgresql-musicbrainz-unaccent && gmake && gmake install && cd ..
cd postgresql-musicbrainz-collate && gmake && gmake install && cd ..

# I mucked around with this file too much in a previous try,
# so this time I'm making a backup first...
cd /usr/local/pgsql/data
cp postgresql.conf postgresql.conf.bk
nano postgresql.conf
# remove "#" before listen_address = 'localhost'
nano pg_hba.conf
#  go to the bottom and comment all lines except the one that says "local all all trust"
# note: Doing this results in a suboptimal security setting, but right now I'm just trying to get it working...

# You'll need to download a full musicbrainz database dump from the web. In a browser, go to:
http://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/data/fullexport/LATEST
# copy the code and insert in the following commands:

Code:
cd /home/
mkdir dbdump
cd dbdump
# For simplicity I'm just fetching the whole directory, you really only need the bz2 files...
# This step will take awhile, you're downloading about 3GB of data from the web...
fetch ftp://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/data/fullexport/<insert code here>/*.*

cd /home/musicbrainz-server
# Now it's time to import the db dump to your local pgsql database, this will take time.
# Screw coffee, go out and grab a beer at the pub...
./admin/InitDb.pl --createdb --import /home/dbdump/mbdump*.tar.bz2 --echo

This is actually the farthest I've ever gotten with this. The DB was installed correctly!

However, when I try to run the server, it's still throwing errors. I searched for and found a solution for the first by running:
Code:
cpanm --self-contained Set::Scalar

But now I'm getting the exact same error that Tony did. Looked that one up and even found his IRC conversation, but no solution...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
So has anyone actually gotten this figured out? I'm somewhat interested in this now and I'd really like to see a good guide on this (even if I have to write it myself) but I don't feel that the potential problems have been resolved.

alexisph

Cadet
So has anyone actually gotten this figured out? I'm somewhat interested in this now and I'd really like to see a good guide on this (even if I have to write it myself) but I don't feel that the potential problems have been resolved.

I've set up my mirror using @joelmusicman 's guide above. Only difference I created a musicbrainz user which owns the musicbrainz-server directory in /home/musicbrainz/ and so the perl modules were installed in the user's library ($HOME/perl5). To start the server I use 'plackup -Ilib -r' in $HOME/musicbrainz-server

I've also set up replication as per https://github.com/rembo10/headphon...ping-your-local-musicbrainz-server-up-to-date and it's been working great ever since.

The only problem is the need to re-modify /etc/sysctl.conf and execute 'jail -m jid=$JID allow.sysvipc=1' whenever the freenas server is restarted.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Any chance of you providing your instructions alexisph? I tried what joelmusicman did and I had problems. I didn't get to dig too deep though as others had asked about the errors I had gotten and gotten no reply.

As for the allow.sysvipc=1 I have the fix for that. I just have to find it later. I try to get it for you after work today.

calgarychris

Contributor
I too would love a working step-by-step guide for this!

9C1 Newbee

Patron
I three would be interested.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What I could do is get a working template and then provide the template along the lines of how virtualbox works. But I need a working jail first. ;)

joelmusicman

Patron
Greetings all, I just got back from a long hiatus and thought I'd give this a crack again. Now on 9.2.1.7, and discovered that libxml2 needs to be installed early on as well before the "initdb" step will work. More to follow as I'm just now working on it...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm excited!

joelmusicman

Patron
At least now if it doesn't work we can use Virtualbox. There's an image already built for it, but I had trouble getting the image to install (permissions issue?). First try with both the OVA and the extracted files and the "OK" button didn't do anything...

joelmusicman

Patron
Right now I'm downloading the DB, but for some reason the "fetch" command didn't work and I'm downloading the files manually from a client, which I'll share to the jail once complete.

joelmusicman

Patron
Code:
Mon Aug 25 02:45:23 2014 : Initialized and imported data into the database.
Mon Aug 25 02:45:24 2014 : InitDb.pl succeeded

Ok, got the DB uploaded. Tried the Set::Scalar install but the system reported that it's up to date. Keeping my fingers crossed!

9C1 Newbee

Patron
Not sure what that means. But it sounds like it is a good thing. I will cross my fingers too.

joelmusicman

Patron
Eh, still no luck (with either FreeNAS or the prebuilt VM image). I guess I'll just set this up on a Ubuntu server VM on a different host...

If anyone can make sense of this, here's the output when I attempt to run "plackup -Ilib -r"

Code:
Watching ./lib app.psgi for file updates.
Can't locate package MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Meta::Role::Parameterizable for @MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable::ISA at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Class/MOP/Class.pm line 958.
Error while loading /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi: The Metaclass MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable must be a subclass of Moose::Meta::Role. at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exception.pm line 37
    Moose::Exception::_build_trace('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)') called at reader Moose::Exception::trace (defined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exception.pm line 9) line 7
    Moose::Exception::trace('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exception.pm line 49
    Moose::Exception::BUILD('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)', 'HASH(0x80f11a738)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Class/MOP/Method.pm line 126
    Class::MOP::Method::execute('Moose::Meta::Method=HASH(0x80f1bccf0)', 'Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)', 'HASH(0x80f11a738)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Object.pm line 55
    Moose::Object::BUILDALL('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)', 'HASH(0x80f11a738)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Meta/Class.pm line 281
    Moose::Meta::Class::new_object('Moose::Meta::Class=HASH(0x80f1bbe40)', 'HASH(0x80f11a738)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Object.pm line 26
    Moose::Object::new('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole', 'role_name', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Util.pm line 52
    Moose::Util::throw_exception('MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole', 'role_name', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Role.pm line 124
    Moose::Role::init_meta('Moose::Role', 'for_class', 'Moose::Exception::Role::Role', 'metaclass', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable', 'meta_name', 'meta') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exporter.pm line 476
    MooseX::Role::Parameterized::import('MooseX::Role::Parameterized') called at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2
    MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load::BEGIN at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2
    eval {...} at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2
    require MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Module/Runtime.pm line 317
    Module::Runtime::require_module('MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Module/Runtime.pm line 348
    Module::Runtime::use_module('MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Util.pm line 150
    Moose::Util::_apply_all_roles('Moose::Meta::Class::__ANON__::SERIAL::14=HASH(0x80f104c48)', undef, 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load', 'HASH(0x80f116690)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Util.pm line 117
    Moose::Util::apply_all_roles('Moose::Meta::Class::__ANON__::SERIAL::14=HASH(0x80f104c48)', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load', 'HASH(0x80f116690)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose.pm line 60
    Moose::with('Moose::Meta::Class::__ANON__::SERIAL::14=HASH(0x80f104c48)', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load', 'HASH(0x80f116690)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exporter.pm line 411
    Moose::with('MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load', 'HASH(0x80f116690)') called at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Tag.pm line 9
    require MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Tag.pm at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst/Utils.pm line 308
    eval {...} at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst/Utils.pm line 308
    Catalyst::Utils::ensure_class_loaded('MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Tag', 'HASH(0x80b5f3e70)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst.pm line 2686
    Catalyst::setup_components('MusicBrainz::Server') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst.pm line 1216
    Catalyst::setup('MusicBrainz::Server', 'StackTrace', 'Session', 'Session::State::Cookie', 'Cache', 'Authentication', 'Unicode::Encoding', 'Session::Store::MusicBrainz', '-Debug', 'Cache::HTTP') called at lib/MusicBrainz/Server.pm line 215
    require MusicBrainz/Server.pm at /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi line 26
    Plack::Sandbox::_2fhome_2fmusicbrainz_2dserver_2fapp_2epsgi::BEGIN at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2
    require /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi at (eval 22) line 3
    eval 'package Plack::Sandbox::_2fhome_2fmusicbrainz_2dserver_2fapp_2epsgi;
{
    my $app = do $_file;
    if ( !$app && ( my $error = $@ || $! )) { die $error; }
    $app;
}

;' at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Util.pm line 117
    Plack::Util::_load_sandbox('/home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Util.pm line 133
    Plack::Util::load_psgi('app.psgi') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Runner.pm line 179
    Plack::Runner::__ANON__ at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Runner.pm line 24
    Plack::Runner::__ANON__ at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Runner.pm line 24
    Plack::Runner::__ANON__ at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Loader/Restarter.pm line 31
    Plack::Loader::Restarter::_fork_and_start('Plack::Loader::Restarter=HASH(0x80184d6d8)', 'Plack::Handler::Standalone=HASH(0x8025e2150)', undef) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Loader/Restarter.pm line 61
    Plack::Loader::Restarter::run('Plack::Loader::Restarter=HASH(0x80184d6d8)', 'Plack::Handler::Standalone=HASH(0x8025e2150)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Runner.pm line 277
    Plack::Runner::run('Plack::Runner=HASH(0x80184d510)') called at /usr/local/bin/plackup line 10
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Module/Runtime.pm line 317.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst/Utils.pm line 308.
Compilation failed in require at /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi line 26.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi line 26.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Boo. :(

alexisph

Cadet
Eh, still no luck (with either FreeNAS or the prebuilt VM image). I guess I'll just set this up on a Ubuntu server VM on a different host...

If anyone can make sense of this, here's the output when I attempt to run "plackup -Ilib -r"

Code:
Watching ./lib app.psgi for file updates.
Can't locate package MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Meta::Role::Parameterizable for @MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable::ISA at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Class/MOP/Class.pm line 958.
Error while loading /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi: The Metaclass MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable must be a subclass of Moose::Meta::Role. at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exception.pm line 37
    Moose::Exception::_build_trace('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)') called at reader Moose::Exception::trace (defined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exception.pm line 9) line 7
    Moose::Exception::trace('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exception.pm line 49
    Moose::Exception::BUILD('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)', 'HASH(0x80f11a738)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Class/MOP/Method.pm line 126
    Class::MOP::Method::execute('Moose::Meta::Method=HASH(0x80f1bccf0)', 'Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)', 'HASH(0x80f11a738)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Object.pm line 55
    Moose::Object::BUILDALL('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole=HASH(0x80f116be8)', 'HASH(0x80f11a738)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Meta/Class.pm line 281
    Moose::Meta::Class::new_object('Moose::Meta::Class=HASH(0x80f1bbe40)', 'HASH(0x80f11a738)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Object.pm line 26
    Moose::Object::new('Moose::Exception::MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole', 'role_name', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Util.pm line 52
    Moose::Util::throw_exception('MetaclassMustBeASubclassOfMooseMetaRole', 'role_name', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Role.pm line 124
    Moose::Role::init_meta('Moose::Role', 'for_class', 'Moose::Exception::Role::Role', 'metaclass', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Meta::Parameterizable', 'meta_name', 'meta') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exporter.pm line 476
    MooseX::Role::Parameterized::import('MooseX::Role::Parameterized') called at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2
    MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load::BEGIN at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2
    require MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Module/Runtime.pm line 317
    Module::Runtime::require_module('MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Module/Runtime.pm line 348
    Module::Runtime::use_module('MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Util.pm line 150
    Moose::Util::_apply_all_roles('Moose::Meta::Class::__ANON__::SERIAL::14=HASH(0x80f104c48)', undef, 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load', 'HASH(0x80f116690)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Util.pm line 117
    Moose::Util::apply_all_roles('Moose::Meta::Class::__ANON__::SERIAL::14=HASH(0x80f104c48)', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load', 'HASH(0x80f116690)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose.pm line 60
    Moose::with('Moose::Meta::Class::__ANON__::SERIAL::14=HASH(0x80f104c48)', 'MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load', 'HASH(0x80f116690)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach/Moose/Exporter.pm line 411
    Moose::with('MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Role::Load', 'HASH(0x80f116690)') called at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Tag.pm line 9
    require MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Tag.pm at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst/Utils.pm line 308
    eval {...} at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst/Utils.pm line 308
    Catalyst::Utils::ensure_class_loaded('MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Tag', 'HASH(0x80b5f3e70)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst.pm line 2686
    Catalyst::setup_components('MusicBrainz::Server') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst.pm line 1216
    Catalyst::setup('MusicBrainz::Server', 'StackTrace', 'Session', 'Session::State::Cookie', 'Cache', 'Authentication', 'Unicode::Encoding', 'Session::Store::MusicBrainz', '-Debug', 'Cache::HTTP') called at lib/MusicBrainz/Server.pm line 215
    require MusicBrainz/Server.pm at /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi line 26
    Plack::Sandbox::_2fhome_2fmusicbrainz_2dserver_2fapp_2epsgi::BEGIN at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2
    require /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi at (eval 22) line 3
    eval 'package Plack::Sandbox::_2fhome_2fmusicbrainz_2dserver_2fapp_2epsgi;
{
    my $app = do $_file;
    if ( !$app && ( my $error = $@ || $! )) { die $error; }
    $app;
}

;' at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Util.pm line 117
    Plack::Util::_load_sandbox('/home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Util.pm line 133
    Plack::Util::load_psgi('app.psgi') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Runner.pm line 179
    Plack::Runner::__ANON__ at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Loader/Restarter.pm line 31
    Plack::Loader::Restarter::_fork_and_start('Plack::Loader::Restarter=HASH(0x80184d6d8)', 'Plack::Handler::Standalone=HASH(0x8025e2150)', undef) called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Loader/Restarter.pm line 61
    Plack::Loader::Restarter::run('Plack::Loader::Restarter=HASH(0x80184d6d8)', 'Plack::Handler::Standalone=HASH(0x8025e2150)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Plack/Runner.pm line 277
    Plack::Runner::run('Plack::Runner=HASH(0x80184d510)') called at /usr/local/bin/plackup line 10
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/Role/Load.pm line 2.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Module/Runtime.pm line 317.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/Catalyst/Utils.pm line 308.
Compilation failed in require at /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi line 26.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/musicbrainz-server/app.psgi line 26.

Try

Code:
cpanm MooseX::Role:Parameterized::Meta::Role:Parameterizable

chris67

Cadet
I tried alexisph's suggestion (after receiving the same errors as joelmusicman) and... another error:

Code:
 cpanm MooseX::Role:Parameterized::Meta::Role:Parameterizable
! Finding MooseX::Role:Parameterized::Meta::Role:Parameterizable on cpanmetadb failed.
! Finding MooseX::Role:Parameterized::Meta::Role:Parameterizable () on mirror http://www.cpan.org failed.
! Couldn't find module or a distribution MooseX::Role:Parameterized::Meta::Role:Parameterizable

I'm thinking this just isn't meant to be... but then, hang on! Why only single colons between Role and Paramaterizable? Googling brings back the line with double colons. So...

Code:
cpanm MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Meta::Role::Parameterizable

Wayhay! Something happens. And I can open a web page. And a search works. There's a message "Our Redis server appears to be down; some features may not work as intended or expected." so I guess there may be some more config work to do.

Thanks to all for your work on this. I'm very happy.

chris67

Cadet
Just to clarify the above, I ran the modified cpan command then "plackup -Ilib -r" and that's when things started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.