ABCDE port is incomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithg

Explorer
I do not know if this belongs here or with freebsd or where, but I recently 'updated' my jail from 9.1 to 9.2 (I think the FreeBSD standard Jail in FreeNAS 9.2 is a FreeBSD 9.2, but am not sure). I have this jail set up to rip CDs to the Media folder on the NAS and do it on the NAS just because it is a lot of network traffic to do it on a workstation and transfer it...

In the 9.1 jail, I just 'pkg install audio/abcde' and it worked. Turns out there were bits that may not have worked, but I did not verify all that, but this port definitely behaves differently in a 9.2 Jail.

1) the cddb lookup fails every time for a user, but works for root. abcde is a collection of scripts and something is linked which does not allow it to be run as user. I did not get too far diagnosing which script or package is touched, but was not able to run it using the cddb database as a user.
2) I changed to the musicbrainz database which failed initially and caused me to install a lot of packages which I identified by a bit internet searching. (I can list them if needed) but the main issue is the musicbrainz python script does not seem to be available at all from ports. To get this working (which can be run as a user), I needed to grab the script:
https://code.google.com/p/abcde/source/browse/trunk/abcde-musicbrainz-tool

save it as /usr/local/bin/abcde-musicbrainz-tool
chown root:wheel /usr/local/bin/abcde-musicbrainz-tool
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/abcde-musicbrainz-tool

edit line 15 from:
use encoding "utf8";
to:
use utf8;

Now it runs and I can rip to flac in a jail.

The question (finally) is: Where do I report this? In Freenas (doubtful) or Freebsd? If so, where? My thought is that the install should make the user aware of the additional packages which make this useful if it does not install them by default.

Xcapee

Dabbler
I realise this is an old thread, but I'd love to know if you got a response from the port maintainer.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This late in the game, it's probably better to contact them again... Two years is a long time in software development.

Status
Not open for further replies.