Windows Server VM Install Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

miccris93

Cadet
Upgraded to the latest stable FreeNAS 11 release and I want to try and get a VM of Windows Server 2016 up with bhyve. Every time I run the installer it completes, but when it tries to restart the VM goes to "stopped" so I start it again. It starts fine, but eventually it blue screens with a System Service Exception error. After it stops again and I start it, I get a pop up error saying that installation was interrupted and for me to start installation again. Has anyone run into something like this yet?

Zenith_UK

Dabbler
Yep, I have the same issue with Windows on FreeNAS 11 RC1. I have tried Win7, Win2008R2, Win2012 R1 and R2.

Oddly I tried the install on one of the FreeNAS 11 Nightlies a few days back and it installed with no issues.

It's only a release candidate though, so will try again later.

miccris93

Cadet
Glad I'm not the only one. I'll wait and give it a try when the release past the RC is available to install.

miccris93

Cadet
I've tried with the subsequent RC releases but I still haven't had any luck with Windows. Since I wanted to get some preliminary virtualization experience, I decided to take another route for my tinkering. I have an IBM M1015 on the way so I can run FreeNAS and other VMs through ESXi. Already signed up to have a free license and I'll probably order more RAM to get my system to 32GB. Hopefully later this week I'll be getting my hands (and keyboard) dirty with some new work.

Status
Not open for further replies.