Windows Media Player says it doesn't have permission to add files. Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercookie

Dabbler
I am trying to rip my cds to my music freenas box. I am using windows media player's built in cd ripping function. While i can copy, cut, move and edit files on the server my self, when i try to select the server from the cd ripping options i get the error "The selected folder is not available. Verify that you have the correct permissions to add file to the folder." Is there something i have to change about the share to have WMP be able to write to it?

Attachments

• WMP Error.JPG
    WMP Error.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 225

Nick2253

Wizard
I'm not sure what credentials WMP runs under. I would assume that it should run using the user's credentials, but I'm not 100% sure. The other possible problem is that WMP cannot rip to network storage locations (or, rather, UNC paths). You might try mounting your remote directory as a mapped drive, and then see if you can rip directly to the mapped drive.

kjc200763

Cadet
I can certainly handbrake DVD encodes directly to my media freenas drive using the shared drive methodology. For music I rip to a local copy and sync to my nas music folder using goodsync, having not figured out rsync yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.