Characters, file names issue with freenas transferring??

Hello everyone i need some advice on a strange occurrence

I have been going through my large CD collection getting certain albums ripped to the server in my Audio Dataset folder that i just never got round to ripping due to time and laziness lol. Anyway it's all going well ripping albums in Banshee music player in Linux Mint then dropping them onto the server till i come across a problem.

I successfully ripped Brian Wilson (Beach Boys member) Imagination and then proceeded to drop it onto the server only for it to give out the error

"Error invalid argument"

I tried again and yet again the same error outcome only dropping part of the album then throwing up the error, this got me stumped why it wouldn't let me drop the album on the server, i restarted the server thinking that may be a cause and no same error, i re ripped the album in MP3 format instead of OGG which i use and still same error. I then checked the folder Brian Wilson on the server to realize it was dropping all the album BUT refusing to let me drop track 4 regardless.

This really had me stumped till i tried editing the track name from

where has love been?

To

Where has love been

And low and behold it let me drop the remaining track fine after i removed the character. So this begs the question is there limitations, restrictions on Characters in files names or is this just a weird fault between freenas & Linux???

Just had an error of "Error not a directory" when copying over Bruce Springsteen We shall Overcome: the Seegar sessions and it solved it by removing : out of the directory name

rvassar

Guru