Help with Permissions in Headphones Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Hollon

Cadet
alright, i have everything working in the headphones plugin just like it is supposed to. It will find an album, download the nzb, pass it to Sabz, sabz then downloads and places the album in a folder outside the jail on the server via the plugin mount points. Then Headphones runs the post-processing script and renames everything correctly and re-encodes the files per my settings. works wonderful. the only problem is the final resting place for the downloaded and post processed album is not on the server. I keep all my music on a external drive with other important files like pictures and family videos and have rsync job backing those up to the server as a fail safe.

The plan is to let headphones/sabz do its work and then me cut the album from where headphones puts it to the external drive. so basically, should be able to cut then paste the album over. The only problem is that the permissions that Headphones puts on the files means i can't delete or move them, just copy them.

So right now, i have to copy them over to my external drive and then open a shell to the jail to delete the file. the folder structure is below with the permissions they show. I am trying to figure out how to make the permissions on the headphones completed files the same as the folder above so i can delete/cut anything it downloads when it is done. right now, it is just not as elegant as i want it to be.

mount point plugin
source -> /mnt/BACKUPS/Content/NEW MUSIC/
destination -> /mnt/ADDONS/JAIL/JAIL/MUSIC

folder structure
/mnt/BACKUPS/Content/NEW MUSIC/<<<---new album downloads post processed go here

/mnt/BACKUPS/Content/NEW MUSIC/ <<<--drwxrwxrwx 3 root wheel NEW MUSIC

/mnt/BACKUPS/Content/NEW MUSIC/<new album> <<<--drwxr-xr-x 4 media wheel <new album>

what am i missing here? seems like Headphones never wants this information to leave that folder unless i am root in the jail. please help. i can go in and chmod the NEW MUSIC directory but that only works on the files that are already there and i have to repeat often. I am worried that doing a chown might cause some kind of issue and i will spiral down the permissions cliff......

thanks in advance.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.