Win 10 virtual machine TrueNAS

Bureaua

Explorer
IM trying to install a VM in TrueNAS. I have a win10 pro iso for the operating system and the virtio-win-0.1.185 iso. When I try to boot, I, getting the following message:

Boot Failed. EFI DVD/CDROM
Boot Failed. EFI Misc Device

Anyone can help me?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Are you trying to boot a 64 bit version of Windows 10? 32 bit won't work.

Redcoat

MVP
Have you checked that your CPU fully supports virtualization?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Make sure the Windows ISO is connected to the first CD device you created and the Virtio ISO to the second ...
Did it a dozen of times, works here ... sorry. Please post screenshots of your VM configuration and every single device - maybe we can spot something.

Bureaua

Explorer
Make sure the Windows ISO is connected to the first CD device you created and the Virtio ISO to the second ...
Did it a dozen of times, works here ... sorry. Please post screenshots of your VM configuration and every single device - maybe we can spot something.
Thank You Im trying it now. Will be back

Bureaua

Explorer
Patrick. It is now booting but it is asking me to install a driver to install. the 2 listed on there does not work

Attachments

• driver.png
    driver.png
    776.5 KB · Views: 687

Bureaua

Explorer
It installed it and then I had a message saying Restarting and it is going through a new install???

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You have to remove the CD device ... there is no "eject" function, yet ...

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
How does one get data on a Windows PC? Share a folder on your FreeNAS via SMB. Download them with a browser. Use Remote Desktop to use your machine and map a local folder into the VM - endless possibilities. :wink:

BTW: don't use the builtin WebVNC for regular use - use RDP and MS Remote Desktop ... plus: mapped folders - see above.

Bureaua

Explorer
How does one get data on a Windows PC? Share a folder on your FreeNAS via SMB. Download them with a browser. Use Remote Desktop to use your machine and map a local folder into the VM - endless possibilities. :wink:

BTW: don't use the builtin WebVNC for regular use - use RDP and MS Remote Desktop ... plus: mapped folders - see above.
Can I use Remote Desktop with a MAC

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

Seriously:

Bureaua

Explorer

Seriously:
last question. what credential should I use for login in? Can't log in

Bureaua

Explorer
last question. what credential should I use for login in? Can't log in
I don't know what I"m doing wrong, but I cannot connect to any shares I have created on my server with my Virtual Machine??

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
How did you set up authentication for your shares? Did you create a user on TrueNAS? Are you using these credentials in your Windows VM? Windows 10 will refuse to connect as guest ...