Will reboot stops the running tasks, or are there more appropriate way of stopping the running tasks?

jinlsui

Dabbler
I just started learning to use TASKS features in TrueNAS, and wonder what will happen to my running Rsync tasks if I do a local or remote reboot. In fact, I was trying to stop the running tasks and wondered if a local or remote NAS reboot will stop them all, properly. I have not been able to find any 'abort' or related options on the GUI to stop the Rsync tasks. I am trying to reconfigure the Rsync tasks, as I am getting to know them better over time.

Actually, I think an 'abort' command on the GUI is rather important to many of these tasks. Earlier on, I tried the 'replication' task and soon realized that my dataset was too big to finish in time. I tried to stop it but was not able to find a proper way to stop it. In addition, I soon realized that the replication is a 'dataset' level data block move, not a file-level transfer in a shared dataset. Before the replication is properly completed and the dataset is properly mounted, the partially transferred dataset will not be visible and may cause potential issues if a user is not aware of it and/or doesn't know how to deal with it.

I hope advanced users can provide some advice on this.

sretalla