Why is CPU 100% on one of the threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katit

Contributor
System is pretty much idle right now. I checked - no Scurb running or anything like this. Yet - it shows 50% CPU (I assume one thread) taken by python? What is that? I thought it's one of plugins (I have PLEX and CrashPlan). Disabled and stopped PLEX - no change.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 11.17.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 11.17.16 AM.png
    197.3 KB · Views: 260

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Start turning off services until it kills the process. Also please provide hardware and freenas version.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Python is usually Plex, or one of the download helpers (sickbeard, sonarr, couch potato, etc)

katit

Contributor
Added system details to my sig. I have only 2 plugins: Crashplan and Plex. I stopped both jails and turned off both plugins. No change. I stopped all services - no change.
Reboot helped. Any ideas on what that can be?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Added system details to my sig. I have only 2 plugins: Crashplan and Plex. I stopped both jails and turned off both plugins. No change. I stopped all services - no change.
Reboot helped. Any ideas on what that can be?
Turning off the plugin may not have actually stopped a job stuck in Plex. Did you stop the jail too?

katit

Contributor
Yes, I did stop jails and then plugins.

katit

Contributor
I rebooted box, everything was 0%, in a morning - one CPU core 100% again. Stopping jails don't help. Uninstalled PLEX completely, rebotted and now it seems to stay normal. I wonder if it's a known issue..

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Not a know issue unless plex is doing something. Maybe transcoding or indexing.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Things like this can also happen with operating system corruption---but with ZFS on boot, I think you'd know something was up..?

Status
Not open for further replies.