High idle CPU usage on 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebeksd

Cadet
Hi,

After updating from 9.2.1.9 to 9.3 CPU load in idle goes much higher then before.
I did change only one thing in configuration after that update so configuration is not a problem (disabled samba "Hostnames lookups").

Overall CPU usage (look on December | Oct and Nov is also little higher but there is a chance I change something back then):
upload_2015-1-11_11-46-55.png

CPU usage in real time:
upload_2015-1-11_11-49-10.png

I've tried to use "top" to find what process is creating this spikes and I found this:
- propably it is not releated to any jail
- I see some spikes (40-50% usage) on two-three "python2.7" processes, all of them have high pid (45688 etc.)

Do any one know what can cause this behavior ?
How I can check what this python processes do ?

PS:
I think that usage graphs (cpu, system and all other) should have vertical lines with "points of interest" like updates FreeNAS :)

Zaffo

Cadet
I kept an eye on this thread as I'm experiencing the same CPU load peaks. After checking the log it is indeed this bug for me. Thanks for the info.

At the same time I see a large write on the volume that contains the syslog. As there are the same peaks as in the CPU graph it is probably from writing logs every time alert.py runs, so every minute. The bugfix should then also solve this problem.

1421442482351.png

sebeksd

Cadet
After last update (fix for alert.py) spikes are about half of the height :)
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.