Why can't I update my plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 3 plugins installed and running in FreeNAS 9.3 with all the latest patches in a HP Microserver. The plugins are Crashplan, Owncloud and BT Sync.

I've been running these plugins since FreeNAS 9.2 and have never managed to successfully update them. When there is an udate available, and I click on the Update button and accept the confirmation message, the update downloads and appears to install. However when I look in the Installed Plugins tab on the main screen the service status is Off and in the Plugins tree on the left, the plugin is missing. Switching the Status to on doesn't work even after rebooting the FreeNAS.

The only way I can update the plugin successfully is to delete it and reinstall it from scratch.

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the plugin update system is kinda unreliable in my opinion. it should work though, and in most cases works for me.

one workaround you could do is..

* download the PBI you want from http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/, and also a PBI for a different plugin.
* install the different PBI to your plugin's jail
* delete the plugin you want to update
* install the updated PBI
* then optionaly delete the different plugin

Thanks Joshua. I didn't realise that I could have multiple plugins installed in the same jail. I've found the plugin update system completely unreliable. I've never had an update work successfully.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.