what type of file Xbox 360 can support over freenas 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacata

Cadet
hi guys

I know that xbox306 can play most of the file when streamed via window. but how about freenas?

TapRackPull

Dabbler
Streaming services do not currently exist in freeNAS 8.x. My understanding is that it probably won't until some time next year. So, as far as XBox360 streaming is concerned, your options are to downgrade to Version .7 or wait it out.

ProtoSD

MVP
TapRackPull is correct, but if you're comfortable working with FreeBSD at the command line etc., take a look in the 'Hacking' section, or the 'How-To' section for some workarounds that might be what you're looking for. I think there's Serviio and Mediatomb.

SoftDux-Rudi

Contributor
I want(ed) to play movies that's stored on my FreeNAS server on my XBOX 360 as well, but it doesn't see the FreeNAS server. As per TackRackPull's suggestion I setup a FreeNAS 0.7.3.6774, enabled UPNP but the xBox doesn't see the FreeNAS box.

I have user authentication enabled on the Samba shares, but don't know if that makes a difference?

Windows Media player on my laptop also doesn't see the movies.

In FreeNAS Admin > Services > UPnP I have the following:
Name: Intranet
Interface: re1
Port: 49152
Content: /mnt/Data/Music
Profile: Microsoft XBox 360

Draco69

Cadet
Hi SoftDux-Rudi, I am new on the forum but might be able to help. I have just set up a media server streaming through my xbox360 with FreeNas 7.

In FreeNAS Admin > Services > UPnP

Make sure your Upnp Name has a : at the end or the xbox will always come up with no videos found (Very important)
Make sure you set the database directory and check the box and set the directory for transcoding
Check the box for WebGUI
make a note of the URl provided (Should be http://ip address:49152)
save and restart

In your web browser enter the URL http://ip address:49152
this should take you to Fuppes
click options on the left
then rebuild database or update database
once this has finished click rebuild virtual database.

You should now be able to access and view your media server on the xbox 360. This is all the information that helped me that a searched the internet for.

Baz

SoftDux-Rudi

Contributor
Hi SoftDux-Rudi, I am new on the forum but might be able to help. I have just set up a media server streaming through my xbox360 with FreeNas 7.

In FreeNAS Admin > Services > UPnP

Make sure your Upnp Name has a : at the end or the xbox will always come up with no videos found (Very important)

Baz

Thank you Baz, this is what I needed to get it working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.