web interface URL doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

bheart

Cadet
I've installed FreeNAS and it gave me a url to log into the GUI. I've tried the url that it's given me but it doesn't work. I've even tried it on 2 browsers, but it doesn't work. I'm connected to the internet.

Also, I've used 2 monitors, but I can't get the Console Setup screen to fit on my monitor. One of the issues is that I can't see the 12 options.

What can I do to fix these 2 issues? This whole setup is pretty new to me so keep your answers simple please :)

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Being connected to the internet means nothing while working on a LAN server.

Please explain your setup

gpsguy

To elaborate on what pirateghost asked for, look at the forum rules in red at the top of the screen.

Include both your server hardware and network configuration.

danb35

Hall of Famer
It would also help quite a lot if you could describe in more detail what happens when you try to access that URL. You expect it to do something. It does something. "It doesn't work" only tells us that those two somethings were not the same.

The URL should give you an IP address. Can you ping that IP address from one of your client machines? Is that address on the same subnet as your client machines?

bheart

Cadet
Thank you. I was able to figure it out after troubleshooting some things. Thanks again!

gpsguy

Please post your solution. Should other users stumble across this thread by searching in the future, they'll know how the answer.

Jimmykh

Cadet
hi ,,

have installed freenas corral on a system to shift from freenas 8 ..
on fresh install the web url is not showing any IP addres so cannot access the GUI..
The same system works fine over the net with a Freenas 8 or 9 installation..
Please point guide as to how i can add an Ip address to the system..

The Cli fter install says - cannot update templet cache.result is outdated . check networking.

Status
Not open for further replies.