Web GUI not working, plugins are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrass

Cadet
The web gui gives me connection refused after moving house. The plugins start up automatically without issue.

- I can ping the box fine.
- There is nothing in /var/log/messages after my attempts to use the web GUI or ssh
- Port 20 does not seem to be listening according to netstat.
- I've tried bouncing the sshd and nginx services.
- The server has been restarted a couple of times.

I'm not really sure what else to try. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm running a gen8 HP Microserver with 2GB RAM and FreeNAS 9.3 from a USB stick. I know the RAM is a little low, but this has served me fine for over a year. Fairly similar issues online have suggested a faulty boot device, but given the plugins are started is this possible?

My issue looks similar to the one in this thread but no suggestions in there helped me
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/web-gui-wont-work-most-plugins-will.46571/

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm running a gen8 HP Microserver with 2GB RAM and FreeNAS 9.3 from a USB stick. I know the RAM is a little low, but this has served me fine for over a year.
It's not "fairly low", it's one quarter of the minimum amount of RAM.

You are expected to fix that before anyone gives a second thought about your issues.

bluegrass

Cadet
I added a further 8gb of RAM this evening, so I have a total of 10gb recognised on POST, but unfortunately I have the same issue. Does anyone have any suggestions about my original issue? At this point all I can think of is reinstalling the OS, but I (foolishly) don't have a backup of my config, so if possible I'd prefer a less destructive solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stux

MVP
Does anything show up on the console? Do you get the numerical menu? Doesn't it offer a confit backup option?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
At this point all I can think of is reinstalling the OS
Definitely the place to start. The boot pool might still be somewhat usable, though, so use a new device, to be able to try and recover the config later. And it's probably on the .system dataset anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.