Vmware 7 ESXI freenas

caver99

Dabbler
Hi

I have a dell poweredge R720 server with an H710(IT Mode) controller, 16tb storage 64gb ram
i have installed vmware 7 esxi and i vm with FreeNAS-11.3-U4.1 installed and i have made guest user and done a smb share of my storage and can see it and have control over it, but i am having problems getting plex installed, if i have dhcp or manual, it wont install but if i have nat or vnet on it will but i cant get to the web gui.
i get the following error "Error: plex had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Stopped plex due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed"
i have set a gateway 192.168.1.1 which is my router.

am i missing something as this is my last step to get the server up and running.
I can install emby with either manual or dhcp and get to its gui no problems but i have a subscription to plex and would like to get that running if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi

I have a dell poweredge R720 server with an H710(IT Mode) controller, 16tb storage 64gb ram
i have installed vmware 7 esxi and i vm with FreeNAS-11.3-U4.1 installed and i have made guest user and done a smb share of my storage and can see it and have control over it, but i am having problems getting plex installed, if i have dhcp or manual, it wont install but if i have nat or vnet on it will but i cant get to the web gui.
i get the following error "Error: plex had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Stopped plex due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed"
i have set a gateway 192.168.1.1 which is my router.

am i missing something as this is my last step to get the server up and running.
I can install emby with either manual or dhcp and get to its gui no problems but i have a subscription to plex and would like to get that running if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
You're running FreeNAS as a VM with a RAID controller -- this is a dangerous configuration. FreeNAS can be run as a virtual machine, but it needs direct access to the hard drives via a Host Bus Adapter (HBA). And there are other requirements as well: locking the FreeNAS VM memory, for example.

Search the forum for 'virtualize freenas' and you will find a great deal of useful discussion on the subject of virtualizing FreeNAS.

Good luck

caver99

Dabbler
no as its crossed flashed to IT(jbod) soits a pass throu nowand freenas has direct access to the raw drives.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
no as its crossed flashed to IT(jbod) soits a pass throu nowand freenas has direct access to the raw drives.
Perhaps so... but in most cases the disks are not actually passed through fully in JBOD mode. Again, there is much discussion about this subject here on the forum.