SOLVED Vm's not starting after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinas

Contributor
Hey,

I shut down my machine properly via the gui. After a restart im having a few problems.
The reason i shut it down was to install more RAM was 16GB now 32GB and add a new HDD.

The Problems I am having are:

1. No Vm's will start. the 3 vm's are Ubuntu server, Ubuntu Desktop and windows 10. all were working perfect before. I have tried starting the vm using the cmd line and get the error below. Well at least i hope run means start.
Code:
bhyvectl --run --vm=win10
VM:win10 is not created.

all vm zvol's are showing in storage and i have not got any errors about them. The jails are all stored on the same disk and all appear to be running fine except the VPN jail.

how do i list the VM's available?

2. a jail used as an openvpn gateway has it tun interface incremented after every restart of the jail. Which means the IPFW rules wont work unless i add one for every tun interface.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Grinas

Contributor
I created another VM and that wont start either. I guess the issue is with bhyve as i can't start any VM.

i get this error when i try to list the VM's
Code:
 vm list
/usr/local/sbin/vm: WARNING: $vm_enable is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
/usr/local/sbin/vm: ERROR: $vm_enable is not enabled in /etc/rc.conf!

I add the relevent lines to /etc/rc.conf and did a reboot and still get the sane error.

Code:
vm_enable=”YES”
vm_dir=”zfs:zroot/vms”
vm_list=””
vm_delay=”5″

Last edited:

Grinas

Contributor
I found the cause. I had tunables configured since the last reboot. i disabled the tunables and it stop the VM's starting issue

Grinas

Contributor
Out of curiosity, which tunables did you disable?

iohyve_enable
iohyve_flags

only reason i had them was i was having issues booting an OS and found a thread saying adding these would solve my issue.

it didnt, the issue was i didnt have the efi boot file in the correct dir

Status
Not open for further replies.