VM freezes - how to troubleshoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim1962

Patron
I have a VM (running OpenProject on Ubuntu server)

Actually it was a VM that worked well in FN11 that I reused in a new install of FN 11 nightlies. (Nice to be able to locate the VM and just get it running, though the VM creation process insists on a CD ROM image that existing VM don't actually need)

Anyway the VM runs and the web interface for OpenProject is accessible. However after a period of 10-20+ minutes the VM seems to freeze and become inaccessible. How can I troubleshoot (my instinct is that it is outside the VM rather than the client OS but who knows...)

There are varible numbers of "undefined" message sin the console. (Tried to report via the support tab but it seemed to crash/freeze my server when I tried!!!)

Back to the question how do I troubleshoot VMs freezing?
Thanks

Tim1962

Patron
did this and increased vm ram - back to stable now thanks

lopr

Explorer
just a fyi: openproject works fine in a jail. no need for the vm overhead.

Tim1962

Patron
I tried several (many!) times some time ago. Never got it all to work together, do you have a known successful recipe as that would be my aim.

lopr

Explorer
I can post my notes I took if you like, however I might have left some steps out.

Tim1962

Patron
That would be fab and I can try and follow/fill in the gaps!!!

Tim1962

Patron
Thankyou so much. I didn't expect quite so quick so forgive me whilst I do the day job for a while but will definitely be trying it out, (also running out of space so will need to address that first :smile:
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.