FN11, Ubuntu VM, Docker, Portainer, help me on my own bleeding edge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim1962

Patron
As per title, I have jumped to a fresh install of FN11 (via FN9, Corral with 3-4 dockers, now FN11). My aim is to get the dockers working again (URBackup, Nextcloud, possibly openproject)

FN working OK (probably needing tweaks for permissions but working)
I've installed Ubuntu 16.04 Server in a VM, done it several times so getting the hang of that! In 100Gb zvol
Installed docker in the Ubuntu VM, seems to be working OK (hello world and portainer working sort of)
Installed Portainer via docker. Once I got the hang of the right IP address can access that.
So I think it is coming together but its all a bit fragile (as is my confidence!!!)

My question mainly is how to do the storage generally
is 100Gb OK for Ubuntu as docker host (probably no more that 5-6 dockers over time)
I've set up a dataset of 1Tb for "datastore" where I anticipate I'll put all the media files etc in suitable folders

Main Q, how do I configure the ubuntu/docker host to access the "datastore" most efficiently?
This is all on a home network so permissions and security is not a particular concern/priority

Thanks

Tim1962

Patron
Thanks for the nudge that I had hoped would be enough but I feel I've tried every setting within Freenas and VM and NFS Shares but can't get the right combo.I've searched repeatedly but can't find a guide that actually works for me Occaisionally get random files written across to the freenas datasets but then nextcloud refuses to play thereafter. I do have nextcloud running in a jail but had hoped to use nextcloud/docker as a demo version so I could work out the details for other docker stuff but failing repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.