VirtualBox SSH login - vbox user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scharbag

Guru
First off, thank you to the team for creating the VirtualBox jail for the FreeNAS OS. For me, it is working well.

My questions is:

It seems that the vbox user (UID 1001) is what is used by the phpVirtualBox page as that is the permission set onto all of the files that get created. Everything works great but I would like to access the command line in order to perform some tasks that are not available through the GUI (VBoxManage). Unfortunately, I cannot figure out what password the vbox user is using so that I can ssh into the console. VBoxManage run as root or another user does not show any available VMS, which makes sense as they are being run by the vbox user according to TOP. Before I go and mess up my stuff, I would like to know if there is a default password for the vbox user. If not, can I just reset the password or will that bork my VMs? Also, and probably a better question, does the jail have all of the VBoxManage capabilities?

Again, thanks for the VBox jail. Already running stuff on it and it has been stable so far. Only bad thing is I need to go buy more ECC ram which is not cheap!!! :)

Cheers,

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The password is randomized (I did that on purpose). You will need to connect to the jail as root and do a passwd command to change the password. ;)

Scharbag

Guru
Makes sense, just wanted to make sure that I did not screw stuff up by changing the PW.

Thank you again!!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You shouldn't. I don't remember it being necessary for anything. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.