Virtual Machine building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite new to this so bear with me. Every time I try to build a win10 VM either with the legacy or the new GUI I get this

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 155, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1033, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 973, in _call
return await methodobj(*args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 664, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm.py", line 1138, in start
await self._manager.start(vm)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm.py", line 56, in start
list(done)[0].result()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm.py", line 310, in run
raise CallError(f'VM {self.vm["name"]} failed to start: {output}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] VM WIN10VM failed to start: vm_create: Device not configured

KrisBee

Wizard
The "VM WIN10VM failed to start: vm_create: Device not configured" part of that error message is typically seen when virtual machine support is either not correctly configured or not actually supported by the hardware FreeNAS is running on. Have you checked your hardware supports VMs? Is virtualisation enabled in the machines BIOS?

KrisBee

Wizard
Have you checked your hardware supports VMs? Is virtualisation enabled in the machines BIOS? What's your hardware setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.