View Disk not refresh as replacing bad hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle

Dabbler
Hi Forum,

I'm using FreeNAS 8.02, recently one of my hard disk start to have bad section, so I replace it with a new one. First, from GUI replace didn't do anything. So I went to terminal and use "zpool replace" and "zpool detach" to replace and bad hard disk and remove it. Now I back to FreeNAS, the View Disk still list old hard disk, no new hard disk. How could I get FreeNAS refresh disk view?

Thanks

Noodle

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Forum,

I'm using FreeNAS 8.02, recently one of my hard disk start to have bad section, so I replace it with a new one. First, from GUI replace didn't do anything. So I went to terminal and use "zpool replace" and "zpool detach" to replace and bad hard disk and remove it. Now I back to FreeNAS, the View Disk still list old hard disk, no new hard disk. How could I get FreeNAS refresh disk view?

Thanks

Noodle

Hi Noodle,

Export your pool from the GUI, and then import it again from the GUI. That *should* fix it.

Noodle

Dabbler
If I export, all mount gone, will I lost shares? Do I need to export/save configuration and import/update configuration as well?

Thanks for your help,

Noodle

ProtoSD

MVP
If I export, all mount gone, will I lost shares? Do I need to export/save configuration and import/update configuration as well?

Thanks for your help,

Noodle

I'm not 100% sure, but I think your shares will be ok. It can't hurt to save your configuration, but if you restore it, you also restore the problem with you old disk appearing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.