users upload files and the files get locked by the computer they upload files weird senario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georg

Cadet
Tried my best to give a title describing my problem

I got 80 people sharing the same pool/(harddrive)
Due to the office setup they dont use a own computer we got a pool of laptops (windows) they share
Soo they use FTP to upload files to the nas we use Filezilla as ftp software

Now those uploaded files are getting locked to the computer they was working on
so even if I as admin login I cant download them from my computer
I cant even download the files when I use there account and there passwords

But I can reach some of files from the computer they where sitting at when uploading the file

this abit of a problem is there any one who got a clue whats going on ?

D

dlavigne

It sounds like you're hitting file locks, which is understandable if multiple users are trying to access the same file from multiple locations. Sounds like Filezilla is trying to prevent file corruption.

Georg

Cadet
well I run into this problem when no one is at the office or have any remote access to the server (the clients laptops is shutdown)

I tested access the files with filezilla cant download still I even restarted the server time is about 2200 over here

willnx

Dabbler
It sounds like your problem is:
"I can only access some files from specific machines."

Not sure what the workflow is like (in regards to users making, editing, uploading files), but this sounds like a classic permissions issue.

Things worth verifying/ sanity checking:
  • What the permissions look like on a computer with no access
  • What the permissions look like on a computer with access
  • How do users log into the laptops? Local authentication, Active Directory, sharing user accounts?
    • Does the authentication configuration match 100% between laptops with and without access?

Good luck, hope this helps.

Last edited:

Georg

Cadet
the login process is they use filezilla ftp program

the rest of the list

computers with no access ( no setup done to prevent some computers) if you dont have a account you dont have access

accounts isnt set to specifik computers

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Sounds like a problem with Filezilla, to be honest. You might want to check for known bugs in Filezilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.