username too many characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalflame

Cadet
I know that if I want to use cfs and windows the username (and password) in Freenas should match the username (and password) on my windows computer. I use windows 8.1. The login I use on that windows machine matches my email address and it has 17 characters. In freenas only 16 characters are allowed in the field username... Is there any way I can use my windows login or do I have to use a shorter username (and a new emailaddress....)?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
16 characters is a FreeBSD limitation. I don't believe there is a way around it. Just use a different username to access FreeNAS. The accounts don't have to be identical.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I know that if I want to use cfs and windows the username (and password) in Freenas should match the username (and password) on my windows computer. I use windows 8.1. The login I use on that windows machine matches my email address and it has 17 characters. In freenas only 16 characters are allowed in the field username... Is there any way I can use my windows login or do I have to use a shorter username (and a new emailaddress....)?

If you're using a Microsoft account, I'm pretty sure they're also limited to 16 characters.

In any case, you can have Windows save your credentials the first time you access the shares.

fatalflame

Cadet
Thank you for the answers! Indeed with non identical accounts I get access because a login screen appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.