User access set up ok on AFP, but issues with viewing certain files

Status
Not open for further replies.

tio

Contributor
Hi all

Ive setup a share via AFP and it keeps displaying the entire contents of root level.

Is it possible to setup a AFP share that when logged in only displays one folder with its sub-contents?

tio

Contributor
Bump!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Do not bump threads.

Johhhn

Explorer
Hi all

Ive setup a share via AFP and it keeps displaying the entire contents of root level.

Is it possible to setup a AFP share that when logged in only displays one folder with its sub-contents?

Have you looked at the docs on creating AFP Shares? I believe it explains what you're looking for.

tio

Contributor
Have you looked at the docs on creating AFP Shares? I believe it explains what you're looking for.
Yes i have and its not working.

Ive setup a specific user account for the share ive created and it still shows every single share thats been created on the freenas system. I would actually appreciate some help apart from the standard reply of an old adage of RTFM.

tio

Contributor

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ive read the rules and it doesnt say i cant.

And your attitude will get you ignored by the people with the answers. Good luck to you sir!

tio

Contributor
And your attitude will get you ignored by the people with the answers. Good luck to you sir!
I assumed as I was getting a telling of by an Admin (hence the lack of no please or thank you) that I was breaking a rule. Hence my equally toned reply.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, in all that crap you agreed to during account creation it does say not to bump threads. But more importantly, the seriou regular posters here won't put up with crap. We get enough from everyone else already 10x over daily. So if you start doing stuff that isn't appreciated they just assume ignore you and put you on their ignore list and let you rot without an answer than bother telling you what you did wrong.

Johhhn

Explorer
Yes i have and its not working.

Ive setup a specific user account for the share ive created and it still shows every single share thats been created on the freenas system. I would actually appreciate some help apart from the standard reply of an old adage of RTFM.

RTFM is important-- especially since in this case the manual gives a step by step account on how to setup a share.

Post a screenshot of your share

tio

Contributor
RTFM is important-- especially since in this case the manual gives a step by step account on how to setup a share.

Post a screenshot of your share
Hi Johhhn

The issue im facing is all of the logins ive created show all of the shares ive made. Its got something to do with permissions i believe. I was half expecting there to be an option on what shares are permissible to be seen with which logins. Ive gone through the setup many times and ive created many shares without issue. Im just trying to restrict which logins see what.

Happy to post a screenshot for you, do you want it from the GUI or what I see on the front end of the machine im trying to access it from?

tio

Contributor
Well, in all that crap you agreed to during account creation it does say not to bump threads. But more importantly, the seriou regular posters here won't put up with crap. We get enough from everyone else already 10x over daily. So if you start doing stuff that isn't appreciated they just assume ignore you and put you on their ignore list and let you rot without an answer than bother telling you what you did wrong.
Unfortunately I suffer from the human condition and do not have an eidetic memory. I appreciate the heads up in the meantime and if you have any insight on how to address my issue i would appreciate it.

Johhhn

Explorer
Screenshot if GUI of your shares,volumes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tio

Contributor
Hi Johhhn

As requested screenshot attached. If you need more info please let me know

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 13.55.23.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 13.55.23.png
    69 KB · Views: 248

Johhhn

Explorer
Need me to see all the configuration screens