UPS - Low Power (parameters)

xbmcgotham

Dabbler
Hi,

I like to know what the "Low Power" parameters/conditions are, when selected in the UPS service configuration page.

I am trying to test if the (Freenas) Server is being shutdown when selecting the "Low Power" option from the dropdown list.

The reason I am asking, is that during a test run, the (Freenas) server had not gone in shutdown even when it came to 4 mins UPS battery power left. I did not want to risk damaging the server so I canceled the test.

BTW, the optie "switch of on battery" works fine and I can read the APC using the upsc command in shell.

Hope some one can answer this question. Thanks!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
"Low Power" (I think you are referring to "UPS reached Low Battery") will be referring to the remaining battery charge %, not the amount of minutes of remaining runtime (even though the two are sort-of linked by calculation).

xbmcgotham

Dabbler
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is the option I was referring to. However, what is the % it will trigger the shutdown of the Freenas server? Or do I have to put this number into to config of the UPS service somewhere?

sretalla