Upgrade to 9.2.1.3 - shares no longer accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmahone

Dabbler
Hey guys,

upgraded my freenas box from 9.2 RC last night to 9.2.1.3. Upgrade went fine, with no errors, rebooted, came up was able to connect to the web management portion of it. then i noticed my windows machine, could not connect to it. i tried my Lubuntu box and the shortcut i had setup would not work, so i went through network drives navigated down to it and i can connect that way. so maybe i had the shortcut connecting via SMB, and that's why it didn't work..

i logged back into my freenas box via the web management interface, and since i figured CIFS was the issue i stopped and retried to start the CIFS service. it stopped, but would not restart... there are 2 similar threads however they appeared to be a little different from my situation so i created a new one. if anyone could offer any assistance i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks!

----logs-----

Mar 28 12:14:44 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H 'shares/.system'
Mar 28 12:14:45 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H 'shares/.system/samba4'
Mar 28 12:14:46 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H 'shares/.system/syslog'
Mar 28 12:14:46 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H 'shares/.system/cores'
Mar 28 12:14:46 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/sysctl kern.corefile='/mnt/shares/.system/cores/%N.core'
Mar 28 12:15:03 freenas generate_smb4_conf.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Mar 28 12:15:03 freenas generate_smb4_conf.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint
Mar 28 12:15:03 freenas generate_smb4_conf.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint
Mar 28 12:15:03 freenas generate_smb4_conf.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /usr/local/bin/pdbedit -d 0 -i smbpasswd:/tmp/tmpeb8pqb -e tdbsam:/var/etc/private/passdb.tdb -s /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
Mar 28 12:15:03 freenas notifier: winbindd not running? (check /var/run/samba/winbindd.pid).
Mar 28 12:15:03 freenas notifier: smbd not running? (check /var/run/samba/smbd.pid).
Mar 28 12:15:03 freenas notifier: nmbd not running? (check /var/run/samba/nmbd.pid).
Mar 28 12:15:03 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on Samba configuration: FAILED

----END logs-----

Yatti420

Wizard
I think there are still some problems with 9.2.1.3..

rpmahone

Dabbler
Ok, and thats fine... my data is still there... however i would like to be able to access it from all my clients. Is there something i can try to fix this or a workaround so i can get samba to work?

hank

Dabbler
is this still a problem in 9.2.1.5? which i'm running and have the issue.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hank, please start a new thread in which you describe in detail the following:
  • The hardware in your server
  • How you have configured samba (your /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf file should be sufficient)
  • A detailed description of the problem you are encountering
  • Any relevant log messages

Status
Not open for further replies.