Update to transmission 2.84_1 not successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisma

Explorer
When I did the update from 2.82 to 2.84_1 it did not go successfully. I am wondering if I accidentally interrupted the update process somehow, or something is wrong with that particular update.

Updated the plugin the dashboard, and noticed that I could not start the service from the dashboard anymore after it finished.

I checked inside the jail and found that my rc.d did not have the transmission service added. But once I added the service to rc.d, it started up successfully. Still, my settings.json file was not set up properly and looked like it was configured for local use only (ie not headless setup as it should be). Luckily I had a backup of the file stored offline and got back up and running without much trouble.

The plugin now starts and stops without a problem, but the dashboard still thinks that there is an error and that the service is off even though its working fine. So if I want to restart the plugin, I have to do it from inside the jail now.

Any idea of what may have happened? I did not modify the dataset in any way, and would prefer not to. But its a bit annoying to have lost all of my seeded torrents info, and to not be able to restart the plugin from the freenas gui anymore.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
When I did the update from 2.82 to 2.84_1 it did not go successfully. I am wondering if I accidentally interrupted the update process somehow, or something is wrong with that particular update.

Updated the plugin the dashboard, and noticed that I could not start the service from the dashboard anymore after it finished.

I checked inside the jail and found that my rc.d did not have the transmission service added. But once I added the service to rc.d, it started up successfully. Still, my settings.json file was not set up properly and looked like it was configured for local use only (ie not headless setup as it should be). Luckily I had a backup of the file stored offline and got back up and running without much trouble.

The plugin now starts and stops without a problem, but the dashboard still thinks that there is an error and that the service is off even though its working fine. So if I want to restart the plugin, I have to do it from inside the jail now.

Any idea of what may have happened? I did not modify the dataset in any way, and would prefer not to. But its a bit annoying to have lost all of my seeded torrents info, and to not be able to restart the plugin from the freenas gui anymore.
Previous versions of the transmission plugin shipped a non-standard rc.d file that screwed up this update. This shouldn't be a problem in the future cause the plugin now uses the upstread rc.d file.

Following the commands in this post might be helpful and shouldn't break anything.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...htpc-mylar-ll-gamez.16200/page-46#post-164139

Hisma

Explorer
Previous versions of the transmission plugin shipped a non-standard rc.d file that screwed up this update. This shouldn't be a problem in the future cause the plugin now uses the upstread rc.d file.

Following the commands in this post might be helpful and shouldn't break anything.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...htpc-mylar-ll-gamez.16200/page-46#post-164139
Josh

Thanks for the confirmation. I will try your solution in a bit and see if it takes care of things. I'm mainly glad it wasn't just me that had issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.