Update sonarr pbi to create radarr plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liriel

Dabbler
Hi,

I am wondering if it would be very difficult for me to update the sonarr pbi to create a radarr plugin. Since radarr is a fairly recent fork of sonarr (for movies) it should almost be as simple as replacing the sonarr release with a radarr release, and replacing "sonarr" with "radarr".

Of course, I realize things are never as easy as they seem at the outset. However, any guidance or direction on how to proceed with this would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I should mention that based on the research I have done it looks like I first need a PC-BSD or FreeBSD system with a GUI, so that I can install EasyPBI, then go from there. I hoping there is another way that does not require me to setup a whole new OS, just to make a few minor changes.

Last edited:

Liriel

Dabbler
Thanks Joshua. So it looks like it is not as simple as just updating the existing sonarr plugin.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks Joshua. So it looks like it is not as simple as just updating the existing sonarr plugin.
no, it should be fairly simple to create the radarr plugin from the sonarr plugin& port.
It's just a pain to create a working build environment for freenas plugins.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
it was added to the ports tree (as net-p2p/sonarr) and my plugin just uses that upstream version.

Liriel

Dabbler
I am thinking I can create a FreeBSD 10.3 VM for the build environment (similar to what you did with VirtualBox)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I am thinking I can create a FreeBSD 10.3 VM for the build environment (similar to what you did with VirtualBox)
I briefly tried building plugins with freebsd 10 and I couldn't get the PBI tools working. you might have better luck, but I've only gotten PBIs built on FreeBSD 9.X

Liriel

Dabbler
it was added to the ports tree (as net-p2p/sonarr) and my plugin just uses that upstream version.

Ah so it looks like I would have to create my own port, rather than just modify what is on your github. I think that is likely beyond my current skill set (or time to acquire a new skill set)

EDIT: I see, you mean here. So I could use this as a starting point:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/net-p2p/sonarr/

As you can probably tell I am pretty much learning this from scratch. I do not have much experience in FreeBSD

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ah so it looks like I would have to create my own port, rather than just modify what is on your github. I think that is likely beyond my current skill set (or time to acquire a new skill set)
it should actually be pretty straight forward. just change a few references to radar, the download URL, and update the distinfo/pkg-plist.

if radarr releases a stable version and is widely used/wanted I can try building a plugin for it.

Liriel

Dabbler
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig I have updated everything, now I just have to make the pbi. However, it seems like pbi-manager for 9.3 has been deleted (ports-mgmt/pbi-manager) and the new version (sysutils/pbi-manager) is not supported on 9.3. Do you have a copy of this port or could you point me towards one?

Otherwise, I guess I will have to try a 10.3 VM ...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig I have updated everything, now I just have to make the pbi. However, it seems like pbi-manager for 9.3 has been deleted (ports-mgmt/pbi-manager) and the new version (sysutils/pbi-manager) is not supported on 9.3. Do you have a copy of this port or could you point me towards one?

Otherwise, I guess I will have to try a 10.3 VM ...
if you read the post I linked, I explain you need a ports tree from September 2014 or earlier, that would include the pbi-manager you need.

Liriel

Dabbler
Oh I read the post you linked, but as I mentioned in a post above I am pretty much a newb with FreeBSD, so didn't really understand what you meant by that (I think I do now). If I understand correctly, I don't need a full ports tree from Sept 2014, just the pbi-manager port correct? Or are there other old ports I need to make this work?

Regardless, what are my options for obtaining said ports tree?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Oh I read the post you linked, but as I mentioned in a post above I am pretty much a newb with FreeBSD, so didn't really understand what you meant by that (I think I do now). If I understand correctly, I don't need a full ports tree from Sept 2014, just the pbi-manager port correct? Or are there other old ports I need to make this work?

Regardless, what are my options for obtaining said ports tree?
you need the full ports tree. thats the version you should be using for the most part because the pbi-manager for FreeBSD9.x only supports the old pkg fornat that was depreachiated back then.
then you manually update specific ports you want to update, and make changes to make sure they build with the old ports tree. its a big mess =[

you can get with the old ports tree with svn. I dont know how to do it, that was pretty much the only time I used svn in my life.

Liriel

Dabbler
No. It turned out to be too much hassle. I ended up just creating a standard jail and installing there.

dougfox

Cadet
you need the full ports tree. thats the version you should be using for the most part because the pbi-manager for FreeBSD9.x only supports the old pkg fornat that was depreachiated back then.
then you manually update specific ports you want to update, and make changes to make sure they build with the old ports tree. its a big mess =[

you can get with the old ports tree with svn. I dont know how to do it, that was pretty much the only time I used svn in my life.
Any chance of a Radarr port out there for 9.10 that my searches didn't find? Seems Radarr is still in Pre-Release. Or is all focus on FreeNAS 11? As a user new to plugins, I'm not sure how creating a jail and installing would go. The Sonarr port works so well. Wanted to say thanks for that!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I doubt I will get to building a FN9.X based plugin for radarr. I prioritizing getting a bunch of ports ready so when FN11 plugins can be built, I'll try building those.

The package version should not be to difficult to work with. Just install radarr, enabled it, start it, browse to the default port it runs on.

dougfox

Cadet
I doubt I will get to building a FN9.X based plugin for radarr. I prioritizing getting a bunch of ports ready so when FN11 plugins can be built, I'll try building those.

The package version should not be to difficult to work with. Just install radarr, enabled it, start it, browse to the default port it runs on.
Alright. I'll try and manually install it into a jail. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.