Update Resilio Sync Plug-in Manually

Peter B.

Cadet
Is it possible to manually update the FreeNAS provided Resilio Sync plug-in outside of the normal FreeNAS update cycle? If yes, how AND will manually updating the plug-in cause problems with future plug-in updates from FreeNAS?

I ask because there is a bug in Rsilio Sync 2.6.1 (which is the version that FreeNAS currently offers) that causes 0KB files to occasionally show up instead of the real files that should be getting synced--apparently the bug has something to do with how Resilio implements its archiving system for synced folders. At any rate, the bug has been fixed (fingers crossed) in version 2.6.3 but for the fix to work, all peers need to be running the same version of Resilio Sync. Updating all my systems, sans FreeNAS server, has been easy enough but I am unsure what to do about the older version of Resilio Sync running on my FreeNAS box.

I am running FreeNAS 11.2-U2.1

Thanks,
Pete

Peter B.

Cadet
Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks for asking. No, not really. It appears that the only real solution is to simply wait for FreeNAS to update the plugin. However, since this bug is making it impossible to keep files in sync between my machines, I dumped Resilio (spent a day hunting down missing files between machines and my backups) and am now looking at other options (Syncthing or maybe NextCloud).

--Pete