Unnable to open volume manager on Freenas webserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LankyTree

Cadet
I am new to FreeNas and cant open the volume manager tab on the webserver to create a new volume even though a have 3 disks available

error code in msg box:

Volume Manager
{"error": true, "events": [], "message": "Error: no such column: services_iscsitargetextent.iscsi_target_extent_serial"}

gpsguy

What version of FreeNAS?

Please list your hardware details, per the forum rules in red at the top of the page.

Sent from my phone

LankyTree

Cadet
3 (2tb) seagate hdd's 4gb ddr3 ram , a hp prolient microserver, running latest just installed freenas. this problem should not relate to the specs of the setup

gpsguy

Sure it can. You only have 1/2 of the minimum memory requirement for FreeNAS. With less than the minimum, FreeNAS may not work correctly. And, even if you were able to get it to work, you might lose all your data, due to running it with insufficient RAM.

Did you read the documentation, before you started - http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/ [Assuming you have v9.3 - you didn't provide that info, even though I requested it].

Saying it's a "HP Prolient Microserver" is akin to me saying I have a Toyota Hilux. If I need help with it, at a minimum I need to furnish the year, engine size, 4x4 or 4x2. There were 3 different Gen 7 Microservers and 2? Gen 8's. We'd want to know the exact model.

this problem should not relate to the specs of the setup

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It never ceases to amaze me how people assume that having less than the minimum amount of RAM will have no impact on their systems.

LankyTree

Cadet
Sure it can. You only have 1/2 of the minimum memory requirement for FreeNAS. With less than the minimum, FreeNAS may not work correctly. And, even if you were able to get it to work, you might lose all your data, due to running it with insufficient RAM.

Did you read the documentation, before you started - http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/ [Assuming you have v9.3 - you didn't provide that info, even though I requested it].

Saying it's a "HP Prolient Microserver" is akin to me saying I have a Toyota Hilux. If I need help with it, at a minimum I need to furnish the year, engine size, 4x4 or 4x2. There were 3 different Gen 7 Microservers and 2? Gen 8's. We'd want to know the exact model.
It never ceases to amaze me how people assume that having less than the minimum amount of RAM will have no impact on their systems.
ram does not affect me clicking the "volume manager " button and getting no response or table just an error msgbox, i ran freenas previously on 2 gb of ram, server specs make no difference , at this point , since no-one has had or has advice for this problem i am just going to re-install the iso

LankyTree

Cadet
as to my mistake , i am running 8gb single stick of vengence ram so as i said , specs are not the problem

D

dlavigne

Is this a brand new install? An updated install? Did you upload a configuration from a previous system? Which build version is this (from System -> Information)?

Status
Not open for further replies.