Unknown python script running every minute-cpu spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

Contributor
Heat sinks? Well, I do computer hardware reviews for a website and I currently have a number of them in my inventory. Let me know if you have anything in mind. I did cases last year. Sold all but one. As for fans, I have noticed how some will behave differently than others. So far the best ones I have used are the Cooler Master JetFlo fans. They are loud when they spool up, but they move a lot of air (95CFM).

I was debating on just getting like a 212 evo to toss in. I didn't know if a better contact patch/material would minimize the initial temp spike compared to the aluminum Intel cooler.

The jet flos are nice, but I'm a San Ace/Delta enthusiast. My gaming rig has 6 pwm AFB1212VH in it. They'll pwm from ~700rpm to 3100.

Chris Dawalt

Explorer
Realistically, you probably aren't generating enough heat to make any difference. You may try re-seating it / a fresh application of paste.

nick779

Contributor
Meh, didnt really solve the problem, but I came across some 800rpm Gentle Typhoons and replaced all of the fans with those.

Temps actually dropped a few degrees.

Chris Dawalt

Explorer
So how are the RPMs?

nick779

Contributor

Chris Dawalt

Explorer
I just run them at 100% all the time. Theyre in the 800-900rpm range.

At that speed, they are probably still relatively quiet, and no surging with being 100%.

nick779

Contributor
At that speed, they are probably still relatively quiet, and no surging with being 100%.
Yup, theyre actually quieter than the other fans and my HDD and system temps dropped a few C as well

Status
Not open for further replies.