Unhandled Exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

msantoni

Dabbler
"An unhandled exception was thrown by the application."

Hi,
I have searched in other threads but I don't have found any response elegible for me.
I using from years a 8.2p6 versione of freenas. (of course, is a very old version, but it worked for me :smile:).. After an electric perturbation, I receive the message in title..
After so, I can't see the disk shares and can't access at freenas via GUI.
I can access at shell on the machine.
Now, can I upgrade the version of freenas without lost any data?
Or, can I reinstall the same, or immediately after, version without lost any data?
Thanks for any suggestion.
Massimiliano

D

dlavigne

You won't lose any data, as storage is separate from the OS. You will lose your config if you haven't backed it up. You can download any version of FreeNAS from http://download.freenas.org/. Typically, if you want to restore a backed up config, you reinstall the same version. If you have to recreate your config anyways, you can install any version.

msantoni

Dabbler
Thanks to dlavigne..
I have news...
The version of freenas is FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-x86 (10351), the 8.2p is the FreeBSD release.
After many attempts I could restored a db backup and now I can access to GUI but the backup is a previews version of share ... .
If I search the Storage consinstency I receive Errors on searching space of volumes.
How it's now possible to rebuild the existent volume?

D

dlavigne

You can't rebuild the existing volume without losing data. Is it UFS or ZFS and is it using any redundancy?

msantoni

Dabbler
I'm using 4 disks ZFS in RAID mode. zpool import wiew pools and mark there ONLINE.
If I try to import receive a 'failde to create mountpoint' error

msantoni

Dabbler
After reboot... miracle! The pools are online and all with read, write, cksum 0,0,0 and No know data errors...
I have only verified the pool consistency with a usb key with last release of freenas without upgrade or writing the config file on old machine...
Fantastic! ... The data are online now!

Many thanks for you support.
It' necessary to modify in SOLVED the thread, if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.