new iscsi target in 9.2.1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimTeka

Dabbler
After successfull upgrade from 9.2.1.6 to 9.2.1.8 I've tried to turn on both new CTL and multicore features. After reboot can't load GUI ->
Unhandled Exception
An unhandled exception was thrown by the application.

One more attempt. Turning on only new iscsi - system loads, GUI ok, but iscsi target can't start. Complains on errors in configuration.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I have deleted your config file. Posting those is a VERY bad mistake. Your passwords and such are stored in them!!!!!!

There's a command you can run to check the config file for errors (it should be in the guides section). If you run that and it says its corrupt your only solution is to restore from a known good backup or start over with your configuration from scratch.

TimTeka

Dabbler
Dear Cyberjock, does my config with plain passwords allow anyone to make a breach in my network? My server is located deep in my network in dedicated vlan without access to the wan. Or you do know something special? ;-)
Moreover I've reported a bug. Why should i check my conf file if i did change it only via GUI?
It's fully workable... until I check the mentioned radio button :smile:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I would definitely change any passwords that were in that config file. Off the top of my head that means the email account info you provided (if any), dynamic DNS service account info (if any), the domain login info (if any) and all user and root passwords.

You also failed to provide the basic info the forum rules require when creating a thread, so please read over the forum rules and add that info. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.