Unhandled Exception on WebGUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodguy

Dabbler
Hello,

I am not a Linux pro, but am running FreeNas 9.2.1.7 and today I tried to pull up the webpage of my NAS box, and when I do I get a blank white page saying Unhandled Exception.

When I go to the console of the NAS box I see the normal 1-11 menu options and it seems responsive. I was able to restart the NAS from the console without issue, but the webgui still says unhandled Exception.

My Freenas is installed to a USB thumb drive on a Dell 2950 server.

Is there an easy fix for this or can anyone guide me towards a fix? Is Nas4Free better? Would I be able to install nas4free and import foreign config?

Thank you in advance.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hello,

I am not a Linux pro, but am running FreeNas 9.2.1.7 and today I tried to pull up the webpage of my NAS box, and when I do I get a blank white page saying Unhandled Exception.

When I go to the console of the NAS box I see the normal 1-11 menu options and it seems responsive. I was able to restart the NAS from the console without issue, but the webgui still says unhandled Exception.

My Freenas is installed to a USB thumb drive on a Dell 2950 server.

Is there an easy fix for this or can anyone guide me towards a fix? Is Nas4Free better? Would I be able to install nas4free and import foreign config?

Thank you in advance.

Hardware specs please. Until then, I'll stick to mentioning that this is a classic symptom of insufficient RAM.

doodguy

Dabbler
It has worked fine for the past year and a half for the most part until this.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Dual physical 3.1 Ghz quad core processors w/ 16GB Ram

Ok, there goes my theory.

I recommend you try a fresh install on a new drive. See if it's working - if it is, restore your config. If it stops working afterwards, repeat the process, but redo your configuration by hand.

doodguy

Dabbler
Ok, there goes my theory.

I recommend you try a fresh install on a new drive. See if it's working - if it is, restore your config. If it stops working afterwards, repeat the process, but redo your configuration by hand.

Sorry for the dumb question, but can you point me to any writeups/guidance on how to backup the config and restore it to new install?

Thank you

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Without access to the GUI, you'd have to manually get the file from the USB drive (search the forums for the file's location). You can then upload it easily from the GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.