Unfeasible uptime graph, FreeNAS-11.2-RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daccy

Dabbler
In FreeNAS-11.2-RC1, I visit the web gui, select Reporting (left hand menu) and System (across the top) and I look at the uptime graph.

The Y axis of the graph is labelled "Days" but the numbers currently displayed range from 33500 to 34000. I'm fairly sure that 11.2-RC1 hasn't been out 33000 days! ... and I did reboot today (to fix a physical issue with one of the boot environment USB sticks)... I think the graph is showing me numbers in seconds, not days. One potentially relevant change I recently made (today, shortly before discovering this issue) was to change the timezone, but I don't remember if I've ever checked this graph in this version of FreeNAS.

Is anyone else seeing this in 11.2-RC1 ?

Also, this graph (and all graphs in all reports) seems to have a duplicate plot of the data below the x-axis labels. Is this a feature? (what's it for?) or something unexpected?

Image attached showing both issues:

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 16.38.04.png

In case the second issue is a client-side rendering thing, I'm viewing this on Chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 on a Macbook Pro running High Sierra, but it does the same in Safari. I'll try a Windows machine later.

System details:
OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-RC1
(Build Date: Oct 17, 2018 23:38)

Processor:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v3 @ 3.20GHz (4 cores)
Memory:
20 GiB
Hardware:
Lenovo TS140

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Nice. I will take a look at mine when I get home.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'd say that an uptime graph is a fairly silly concept in its own right, with it being a constant slope with discontinuities at reboots and all...

daccy

Dabbler
I've looked at the graphs from a windows (8.1) box running Chrome (recent-but-not-latest version) and the duplicate data plot exists there too.

I've just rebooted the FreeNAS server, since it isn't doing anything important, just to check the idea that the numbers on the uptime graph are seconds... and they definitely are.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I've looked at the graphs from a windows (8.1) box running Chrome (recent-but-not-latest version) and the duplicate data plot exists there too.

I've just rebooted the FreeNAS server, since it isn't doing anything important, just to check the idea that the numbers on the uptime graph are seconds... and they definitely are.
It isn't a unique feature of your system. This is what mine looks like:

upload_2018-11-1_22-55-40.png

Utterly useless.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Not that the old graph was much better. It isn't really something that needs a graph.

upload_2018-11-1_22-58-23.png

Any chance my CPU graph is a related thing? 1100% CPU usage? Or am I misreading that?

CPU.png

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Any chance my CPU graph is a related thing? 1100% CPU usage? Or am I misreading that?
It is just how they are graphing it now. It doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Perhaps if enough people put in bug reports over this feature, it will be changed to something that makes sense.

I added this to another bug report since all the math related graph bugs are being bulked together. Added that screenshot to the bug. Forget which one at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.