Unable To Map FreeNAS Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcigas

Dabbler
Hi, I had my freenas sever off for a few weeks now and just turned it on today to start using it. I had a network drive on my W10 PC up and running before the machine was turned off, but after turning it back on, I cannot connect to it. I checked the SMB service, it is running. I have the same workgroup for my freenas and my computers. My share is pointed at the path '/mnt/FreeNAS/Cory' which is was beforehand. I can reach the GUI with the IP, but not the hostname of freenas, but my router does see the hostname. I had the hostname bookmarked before the shutdown which worked fine. My shares were also done by the hostname. I can ping the IP but not the hostname either.

I am not really sure what to check from here now. If I could find a way to just get the data off of it, and start over I will too. The only recent change was that I added a storage server to it but haven't done anything with it, just hooked up the cables.

Any ideas? Thank you

kdragon75

Wizard
I have never had much luck with FreeNAS and advertising it hostname. I have a DNS server I have added it to to avoid the issues. You can also justy use the IP. If its just maped/book marked, it doesn't make much of a difference.

cmcigas

Dabbler
I have never had much luck with FreeNAS and advertising it hostname. I have a DNS server I have added it to to avoid the issues. You can also justy use the IP. If its just maped/book marked, it doesn't make much of a difference.

Sorry I thought I mentioned this but I guess I never typed it out. The IPs do not work in Windows Explorer either. I tried every combo I can think of and nothing was working

\\192.168.7.29\
\\192.168.7.29\Cory
\\192.168.7.29\mnt\freenas\cory
\\192.168.7.29\freenas\cory

and several others but even just doing the IP, nothing comes up showing me it is on the network as other machines do like my Synology server.

cmcigas

Dabbler
Well I am stupid, tried without the last \ and it worked and I feel stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.