Unable to install Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryD

Cadet
Hi All,

I am looking for a bit of assistance with installing the plugins.

A little background:
I had a previous install of 0.7.2 Freenas with a 4x2TB ZFS array & volume. I put the USB image onto a new stick, loaded up the latest stable release (9.2.1.5) - imported my volumes and everything looked ok. At the same time I did the zpool upgrade. My console does have an alert that that the block size isn't correct for optimisation (paraphrasing here) - but I don't think that will have any issues other than slower performance.

I tried setting up my plugins however every time I would install a plugin, it download the plugins, then it would get stuck at the "2/4 Creating Template." If I leave it sitting at this screen for long enough (hours), eventually the web console dies and I need to reboot.

I have checked my Jails config and the location is pointing to:
/mnt/share/jails

If I look at my /var/opt/messages basically all I see is that the server is pinging the next available IP in my jails list (which is free).

I have also tried just creating a jail with the plugins template. When I do this I can see the template starting to download, then it stops at around 30MB. Interestingly, all the other jails seem to download and install fine.

I've tried deleting the warden folders, deleting the jail folder all together, changing the jail path, reloaded the usb key fresh a few times, installing the latest beta - all seem to have the same result. I seem to only have issues downloading the plugins template.

DNS is working, I can resolve and ping the hostname of the repo. I tried downloading the plugin template on my PC (which works fine), setting up a FTP on freenas and changing the repo link to this - however this also failed (though I can see in the message log it did authenticate to the ftp server). The volume has around 4tb free so space is not an issue.

Can anyone give me some help please, I really don't know what else to try.

Cheers,
Gary

Yatti420

Wizard
You moved from 0.72 (non-supported/different project) to FreeNAS 9x?

GaryD

Cadet
You moved from 0.72 (non-supported/different project) to FreeNAS 9x?

Yes that is correct. Is that really a problem though? I didn't really upgrade - I burnt the the image to dvd, updated network settings, imported and upgraded the zfspool, turned on CIFS again with the same details as before.

GaryD

Cadet
How much RAM? Which plugins did you try?
I have tried Sickbeard, SABnzbd, Couch Potato. I have 4GB of RAM on this machine - I know 8GB is recommended but surely that's not going to have an impact on downloading a file of the internet?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yes, it has an impact on everything. Random processes will be terminated randomly based on second-for-second system usage. That's why you need to have 8GB minimum like the FreeNAS manual says. Without it, expect any and all random problems.

GaryD

Cadet
OK I'll get some more RAM for it and report back :)

I am running on an old HP Microserver so maybe FreeNAS 9 is never going to be ideal on this box - but I'll give it a whirl anyway.

Thanks for the assistance guys

GaryD

Cadet
So I've got 8GB of RAM - flashed a fresh stick, Imported ZFS Pool, Set the jails location, Tried a plugin, stuck at 25% again...

Tried creating a Jail template with the plugin template, doesn't download.
When manually creating a jail with the plugin template it gets stuck at:
freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz3109888410982400

The other templates work however. *scratching my head*

I'm also still getting this message:
WARNING: The volume share (ZFS) status is ONLINE: One or more devices are configured to use a non-native block size. Expect reduced performance.Replace affected devices with devices that support the configured block size, or migrate data to a properly configured pool.

I'm thinking the only thing left to try is to backup all my files and nuke the pool and recreate it fresh and see what happens. Anyone got any other ideas before i go through with this?

KillerWee

Cadet
Tried creating a debian template from my 9.2.1.5 box today, and it wouldn't let me.
So I went in to the configuration of the jail templates, and tested out all the links.
And sure enough, nothing wrong with my box, all the 9.2 links are DEAD. Nginx hates us.. lmao

sysfu

Explorer
Yeah, having problems with this too, thank for determining and posting the cause KillerWee.

sysfu

Explorer
Upgraded to the 9.2.1.6 beta today and now I can install the ownCloud plugin. It took a while, say more than five minutes, but it eventually finished successfully.

Djole

Dabbler
I have had serious problems installing any plugin. I have discovered that something is wrong with the links to the templates, or the DNS to the server. I managed to solve my problems by adding an entry to hostname database in Network->Global Configuration
The entry is
77.95.230.182 cdn.freenas.org

Otherwise freenas tries to reach 89.233.107.230. I am using 9.2.1.5 x64, freshly installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.