SOLVED Unable to 'admin-down' unused interfaces, advice please ?

Andy McClements

Dabbler
I have a FreeNAS host here with a 4-port Intel PCIe card, of which the first two ports are each connected to a separate 'core' switch. There is a failover lagg configured on them for switch redundancy, and I am also running vlan tagging. The other two ports (igb2, igb3) are unused and unconfigured.

I do not want the unused ports taking up space in the dashboard. I've not yet been able to find any way to re-configure the dashboard to hide them.

Therefore I have tried #ifconfig igb2 down, #ifconfig igb2 delete, #ifconfig igb2 destroy but none have had any effect. I have also tried putting the same commands into the interface 'options' under Network/Interfaces/Edit, but this had no effect either.

It seems that something is interfering with the proper operation of ifconfig, but I don't know what, nor how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks.

Andy McClements

Dabbler
Due to the numerous shortcomings of FreeNAS for my use case, of which this, TBH, is one of the least significant, I will be expunging FreeNAS/TrueNAS from my system, and replacing it with straight FreeBSD.

Bye.