UFS Volume Reporting Incorrect USED Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvpolo2k3

Cadet
Hi guys, new user here. I love my FreeNAS systems. Never had a single issue. Until now.

Im running 8.3.0 p1 x64 on an older Compaq machine, intel P4 3.2GHz, 1gig ram, and 3-2TB seagate drives. All the drives are UFS. Free space is 1.6TB with nothing on the volumes.

One of the drives (the one with issues), came out of my existing FreeNAS box, already formatted UFS. I dismounted the volume, and swapped the drive into the new box, and imported the volume.

The drive has 446GB of data on it, at least through windows explorer if i select all the folders in the drive, and view the properties. But if I am in the "view all hard drives" view in explorer, it says that the drive is empty? somehow it looks like freenas isnt seeing the data on the drive, even though it is there?

Ive seen a lot about incorrect data size on ZFS partitions, but nothing on UFS. My print screen isnt working right now otherwise I would post some screenshots.

I am currently transfering some new data over to the drive, and it is correctly picking up the new data, just not the old data.

Thanks!!!
Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.