New UFS Volume - Crash, Now Getting "Error Getting Available Space" - Data Lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbddpp

Explorer
I have a system set up with 6 SATA drives, no pooling or redundancy, each drive is its own volume. All UFS, pretty straightforward.

Today, I added the final drive (the 6th drive), a 3 TB Seagate, and started copying files to it over SMB from my windows box. Had 2 streams going at once, suddenly, explorer froze up, NAS couldn't be accessed. I reset the NAS.

Now, getting "error getting available space" error from the drive. What the heck happened here, and more importantly, if I have to erase it and start over, which is fine, is there a way to get my files back or are they all lost?

I'm a bit upset about the data loss if I can't, but even if I can't get it back, if there's a place where the log indicates the file names that were written to that drive at least I can see what media got lost and replace it.

I wasn't doing anything weird here other than copying over files, so it's a little scary to see that data loss can happen so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.