Trying to update FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 to True Nas but get error

quoctngo77

Cadet
Hello. I am trying to update Trying to update FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 to True Nas but get error . When I go to system Update - it tries to search for the Update but comes back with error "HTTP Error 308: Permanent Redirect: Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings.". My DHCP is working fine and I can successfully do "nslookup update-master.ixsystems.com". On my dashboard, for my Primary NIC it shows my Default routes is 192.168.1.254 and the Name Server is 192.168.1.254. When I ping www.ibm.com in the shell, I get responses. However when I go to Network->Global Configuration, the default gateway and the Name Server are blank. I tried putting 192.168.1.254 for both, but still unable to update. I then tried 8.8.8.8 for Name Server, but still didn't work. Any help is much appreciated.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
"HTTP Error 308: Permanent Redirect:
This is the key part. The message hints at the fact that the update server has been redirected, but the HTTP client is setup to not follow the redirect and instead error out. This is a semi-useful protection against certain types of attacks, until it isn't and breaks systems that are out in the wild.

I suggest you do a manual upgrade by downloading the update package from https://download.freenas.org/13.0/STABLE/latest/x64 and provide that to the update page's manual update option.

Alternatively, you can also boot to install media and update from there.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
@HoneyBadger and @wsoteros and company, this is the second instance in like a week. Any chance you can recommend to the IT team to setup a reverse proxy at the old address to unbreak FreeNAS 11 systems that are trying to update?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Is a direct upgrade from 11 to 13 expected to work at all or should the OP upgrade to 12, first?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Also a good question.